First C7 zo6 Street race vs a 2014 viper

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Damn bad ass video both stock on same day. Wonder how magazine will do this comparo?
Motortrend will probably be biased as hell and have the C7Z win based on how comfortable it is. lol

R1Lello

Established Member
I can see the ads now " C7Z for sale - ordered it months ago but decided not to go-ahead with my purchase " or " decided to keep my C6Z "

BladeX10

Established Member
Thats honestly sad. C7Z never even had a chance.

This car has become a huge letdown.

Now we just await the hellcat vs c7z race for the real butthurt to begin.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Should have stuck with the bigger 2.3tvs blower gm. That tiny blower on the new z06 is only good for heat soak. Lame.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Good god people, its a roll race for a car meant to do SO MUCH MORE. If all GM wanted to do was be a roll race queen the car would be completely different and frankly boring. And Mustang owners give Camaro guys shit for mullets, jeez.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Should have stuck with the bigger 2.3tvs blower gm. That tiny blower on the new z06 is only good for heat soak. Lame.

This guy gets it! Gm screwed up putting a 1.7L tvs instead of the 2.3 hence the reason they are already having overheating issues with crazy high iat's... I wish the zr1 chase car would have ran the z just for comparison. Vipers are beastly exp the TA, I'm surprised sales have been so weak.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
The C7Z is a nice car its just slow when it comes to street racing which is exactly what ill be targeting when i find them on the roads around here. Corners are awesome and fun but u have to be able to keep up in a straight line and for the C7Z to lose to a car built years ago is a let down.

BladeX10

Established Member
What exactly has it done so poorly to be a "huge letdown"?

The car is having major heatsoaking issues in the cold winter months, Its getting its ass kicked by a less powerful car, It only trapped 126 mph. The owner of the Z said the car falls on its ass after 130mph. This is only after a week of them being in the new owners hands. Probably will see a whole lot more.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Damn. I can't believe they put a 1.7 on that thing. Odds are people aren't even gonna be able to pulley it as heat will just get crazy. I bet this roll race woulda been waaay worse if these races were done 4 months ago in some heat.

Users who are viewing this thread