first blood: 04 cobra Vs. S2000

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
so i was at the light and i see a white S2000 rolling up besides me. i allready knew it was gonna happen. he stages half a car behind me in the other lane, probably trying to monitor me and ambush me. but i knew better. the light turns and we roll out. half way through the intersection he hammers it(it was loud as hell and sounded nice). so i drop the hammer and get sideways in 1st around 4k(stupid F1's) but he never made it to my window. drop it in second and feel the power. at the top of second he's about 4 cars back and i had to merge in his lane(funky little twist in the road) but it was over by then. i jump on the brakes to let him get up. we get side by side and drop it for a short blast again. this time he get's an earfull of eaton. put another car on him before we let off, all in second gear. he throws a thumbs up and we part ways. love the way those cars sound, but they are no match for even my non pullied snake. dont know his mods. at least an intake and exhaust.

Antagon

Established Member
No match for your non pullied snake? No offence but they're no match for a GT, let alone a Cobra! :thumbsup:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Good kill. It was his doing that lead to the race, you mearly obliged.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Dont take this the wrong way bro, but a stock S-2000 can run high 13's. Thats pretty fast if you ask me. So my opnion on the stock Gt against the stock S-2000, would be a good race... Give me some feedback guys... (im not stirring poo-poo) just saying that a stock Gt would be a good race against a stock S-2000. BTW awesome kill bro!!! :pepper:

Last edited:

guarnibl

Established Member
I haven't raced one but I know they look nice and sound nice. Hell... if they can run high 13's bone stock more props to em... I'd drive one just because it would be fun in the twisties.

Antagon

Established Member
Didn't mean to come off as a jerk, I've always read S2000s average 14.5 in the 1/4, and in my mind that equated to "I just beat an s10 in my lightning!"

I'll shut up now :D

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well the S2K is definitely fast enough to beat a stock GT, I used to have an 03 S2K and beat GT's all the time. They are definitely fun cars to drive, but after driving my Evo for a bit the S felt really slow, and once we got the Z06...Lol, well thats why we no longer own it :)

slow trans am

Antagon said:
Didn't mean to come off as a jerk, I've always read S2000s average 14.5 in the 1/4, and in my mind that equated to "I just beat an s10 in my lightning!"

I'll shut up now :D

that's because there not setup for drag racing. there very high strung, low torqe motors. there a btich to launch, that's why you se those poor times. in the right hands there a drivers race for the 99+gt.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Main.jpg

Thats a pic of our 03 we sold...They can run high 13's. as for launching you have to launch at 6K rpm or it just bogs.

sixt5

Established Member
i raced one before i had my engine rebuilt and through a cam in. it barely pulled away from me!
"that your daddys car?"
"no, is that your mommas civic?""

pwnt

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
In my experience, roll races between GT's and S2000's are a good matchup. However, tango from a dig and the S2000's lack of any torque really shows. On another note, I've driven my uncle's. It's like driving a glove. It would out-handle a GT any day of the week, but doesn't move unless you pull the revs passed 5k.

Nice kills, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
stock S2K cant beat a stock GT enough with the :bs:

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ Lol, post that on S2Ki and see how many people that will step up to run a stock GT. Believe me, I ran a couple GT's in my S2K and could pull on them pretty good as speeds increased. Ok yeah it doesnt have much tq, but its still 240 hp at 2800lbs or so, compared to what 260 in a GT.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
lol BeyondLimitz, its cool man. I dont want to argue with ya, but the stats are right there man. Im a Ford man 100% but i totally respect ALL fast cars, and one of them being the S-2000. And Antagon i never thought you were being a Jerk, its all good man, i come onto this site to enjoy the discussion's. To me everybody is as cool as hell hear..

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Main.jpg

Thats a pic of our 03 we sold...They can run high 13's. as for launching you have to launch at 6K rpm or it just bogs.
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Thats one nice S-2000, nice pic. man. I think my penis just moved a little (god i love those cars) :pepper:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i like those s2000's. nice cars, but as said no contest against a terminator unless its got some serious mods.. good job showing him what the real deal is.

Quik Z06

Established Member
6spee...LOL Too much information there buddy :D But yeah it was a nice car definitely a head turner.

There is no doubt that it is no competition for a Cobra, even modded. Most Turbo/SC'd S2K still only run 13's with some running high 12's with a nice setup. I know there are a few running 11's but not many.

NameBlast44

Established Member
im a huge fan of s2ks but that's :bs: that they can run 13s or beat 5speed coupe 99+gts. an auto vert on the other hand, i might believe. you guys DO realize different versions of the same car are faster or slower? too many people here drive stick-only cobras to realize this, not that that's a bad thing :burnout:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I just got done racing an S2000......It had some bolt ons but it was slow. I found myself about 6 cars ahead and he just turned off......what a dissapointment :shrug:

slow trans am

NameBlast44 said:
im a huge fan of s2ks but that's :bs: that they can run 13s or beat 5speed coupe 99+gts. an auto vert on the other hand, i might believe. you guys DO realize different versions of the same car are faster or slower? too many people here drive stick-only cobras to realize this, not that that's a bad thing :burnout:

im not a fan of them at all, but facts are facts. they can and will run with a stock gt. look up some time slips and there mph's are around the same as well. granted most people don't run those times, but the car is capable.

Users who are viewing this thread