First Avatar!

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
Thx Bro. I'm gonna be putting in the VF engine mount tomorrow (saturday). First mod so far!
Other than a little bit of vibration, mostly felt in the steering wheel at idle, it's a great mod.

Pretty easy swap too! :beer:

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
Yeah wow!!! This is a lot better with this mount. Its alot more satisfying to shift now!! Even if you're not at WOT there is still a great improvement on how it hooks up. I did notice it vibrating the steering wheel abit at idle. Meh, not even bothersome since my last car (94 Saturn SL2) used to vibrate the car like crazy at idle. But yeah if there are any SVTF owners who haven't done this they really should get in "gear" and DO IT!! BTW does changing the other engine mounts help much?

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Sweet pic. bro, it looks fast just sitting there!!! I bet that color looks its best right when the sun is getting ready to go down...

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
Sweet pic. bro, it looks fast just sitting there!!! I bet that color looks its best right when the sun is getting ready to go down...

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Yeah I think I got really lucky finding this color!!! Along with the amount of mileage it had and for the price I paid.

play2324

Enjoys the twisties
Established Member
I think the vibration picks up a little more with the addition of the other mounts. However the benefit is just like that of the first mount you installed.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
HTPerformance said:
Nice, I'll be putting my summer racing tires on, and taking the snow tires off.

Snow tires? I ran my P-zeros all winter :p

I actually ran Dunlop Graspic snows the year before and they were incredible on snow and ice but I couldn't deal with the handling.

HTPerformance

Yeh, after putting my Azenis' back on I was amazed at the difference in handling...
I need to get some 17" snows...haha

Ideally i need a garage w/ airtools so i can put snows on the night before a storm and run the other tires when it isn't snowing. Spending $300 on tires which were only necessary for 3 days over 6 months is kind of a waste. But they definitely made a huge difference on those days.

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread