First autox tomorrow !!!!!

KILRSVT

Established Member
So I sold my cobra around 8 months ago and now have a brand new 2014 5.0 brembo package base model with3:31 I plan to run f stock tomorrow at a local scca event . Can't wait. It handles pretty damn well for a stock car after this event I'll be in contact with my buddy mike Maier from Maier racing to set up the suspension. Looking to run in ESP next year

KILRSVT

Established Member
It was great I did a 180 the 2nd run. However I need to get use to the new oversteer and understeer characteristics of the car (compared to my cobra). I ran a 53.330 my fastest time there was another coyote out there with springs 3:73 cai tune torsen and recaros exhaust running the fastest time of 51.778. That said I gotta admit the car has no shock control . The shocks cant keep up with the change of direction . Really fun car to drive can't wait to the next event .

94_Vert

Established Member
I did my first autox a few days ago. It was an exhibition, last event of the year for the region. Lots of fun, got some rain runs in. That was actually pretty cool, it made you be much smoother with inputs otherwise you upset the car.

94_Vert

Established Member
That said I gotta admit the car has no shock control . The shocks cant keep up with the change of direction . Really fun car to drive can't wait to the next event .

I would say it probably is more the sway bars not keeping up and not so much the shocks/struts.

KILRSVT

Established Member
No I'm sure it's the shocks . If you hit the brakes the car dives down hard. Getting my eibach r2 coilovers installed Monday and should be heading out to an auto cross on the 11th of this month I believe should be a big difference . A lot of guys that run the coyote 5.0 in f stock due shocks makes a big difference, not to mention the high center of gravity the car has

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
Having raced a 5.0 in F stock on a national level I can promise you that in quick transitions the stock shocks are NOT good at all.

Users who are viewing this thread