First a Ford, then a Honda, VW, now a Nissan

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
First car some of you may remember, :

damnjake7oa.jpg

Replaced her with this:

img5710ga6.jpg

That ended up getting sold and eventually built this which I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with due to my posts on here:

jake-1.jpg

The lease ran out on that so it had to go back...after a long time of being in a shitty car, I finally picked up this:

5230485072_9b5fe9ab72_o.jpg

5235795435_15ef060b51_b.jpg

1991 Skyline GTS-T Type-M
~ 131,000 km's
All bone stock with the exception of a Nardi wheel, exhaust, air filter, and boost gauge.

I bought these for it:

Bride_F31IMF_1.jpg

x2

Replacing the rear subframe with one out of an S13 so I can remove the HICAS assembly all together. Going to weld the diff, get some coilovers and some wheels and drift the shit out of it.

:beer:

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
Sweet! Where in Texas are you? I know there are a bunch of Skylines running around Texas, but only know first hand of mine and my buddy's white gts-t in Dallas.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Here is a crappy picture of mine:

Skyline.gif

I bought it in 1998 when I was stationed at Kadena Air Base Okinawa. It was only $6,100 and had about 40,000 KM on it. Mine was an automatic, but the price was right.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Sweet! Where in Texas are you? I know there are a bunch of Skylines running around Texas, but only know first hand of mine and my buddy's white gts-t in Dallas.

I'm in Abilene. I don't have the car anymore, sold it before I left Japan because shipping them through customs at the time was an expensive nightmare.

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
Damn, looks identical! I bought mine for a tad cheaper than what you paid for yours and am definitely taking advantage of some loop holes to have it here. It's a project / weekend / track car that will spend the majority of its time in a garage so I don't anticipate having any problems with it.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Damn, looks identical! I bought mine for a tad cheaper than what you paid for yours and am definitely taking advantage of some loop holes to have it here. It's a project / weekend / track car that will spend the majority of its time in a garage so I don't anticipate having any problems with it.

Cool, good luck with it. Only problem I had with mine was the speedometer cable busted and the speed sensitive steering crapped out until I got the cable replaced. Other than that it ran great.

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
Only problem I'm having so far is the starter...took a crap on me about a week ago but other than that she drives like a new car. I'm so impressed by the features on that car for being 20 years old. It makes my daily driver cobalt look like even more of a piece of shit than it already is and its an 09

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
That VW is TITS! :beer: The pink and the white and the wheels and the offset. SEX. About to scrounge your old posts for pics asap.

I love the brides too. I had Those exact seats and takatas in my cobra for a couple hundred miles and i loved them.

Great taste in cars :beer:

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
Thanks man!

Yes the grille had a pink strip up front and the wheels were candy raspberry bbs's :)

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
how the hell do you go from a clean gt, to a civic and then a vw with wheels that dont even fit?

Users who are viewing this thread