First 4 Hermann in tampa

brainpa

Established Member
Yes, it is true. Hermann is officially open for business in tampa, Fl. I was lucky enough to be his first customer...not only is he a great technician, but, also, an exemplary person.

I upgraded the clutch/PP to a ceramic unit with a billet steel flywheel, Liberty 26 spline input shaft, adjustable quad., changed my exhuast to a 3" MAC, and, somewhat unplanned, but, as we found, completely necessary, changed the rear gear, shocks, and some of the bushings.

Prior to this, my clutch (OEM) was slipping like a Bit--, there was a noticeable driveline vibration and 'clunk' whenever I put it in gear. Needless to say, we found some significant play in the yoke connected to the diff.

Don't ask what we found after we opened it up!

However, I feel as if there is a new car I am driving. Man, what a change!

Anyways, if anyone has any questions about the quality of his work (you shouldn't; his reputation preceeds him), feel free to ask/post, etc. I have been around the 5.0/4.6 scene since '90, and there exists no equal in my mind.

Next up? Cooling mods and dyno...

L8R.

Last edited:

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I am agree with you. I had hermann install a T56 with a upgraded input shafted and clutch and he got it all done in one day. When I picked it up he called me on my way home to ask me how I liked it . I cant wait to get the solid axle he build for my car in and have Hermann tune my car. My next mods are going to be snow kit or NOS and going up to 16-18#s boost.

I have been to almost every mustang shop in town and herman has been the best.

brainpa

Established Member
Yeah, he told me that story. Actually, he did it in SEVEN hours...! I'm like, aghhh, a clutch, PP, and a friggin T56 conversion???? (by himself, no less).

I've been around the block awhile, and, I have NEVER seen anything like it!

Maybe I'll see ya soon...after I put in an LFP radiator and intercooler reservoir, he'll be tuning mine as well; probably in about three weeks or so.

-J

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Brianpa,

It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday

I was the guy with the yellow cobra there. Your car sounded mean as hell when you left.

I stayed and talked to herman for ahwile after you left, really awesome guy,

I hope to see you around

Mike

Last edited:

brainpa

Established Member
Nice meeting you as well. I am glad Hermann made a great impression, it's not hard.

Yeah, my ride may be a tad bit TOO loud,....NAAAAAH!

C-Ya

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
thanks for the support guys!! it means everything to me!!

John, your car is super nice now.....and I have a sneaking "suspicion" it's going to be ALOT faster in the future!! :rockon: T.J, your 6 speed conversion turned out great too......glad you liked the first visit....the next one will really get your attention!! :beer: Mike, your 01' k-b'd cobra was a very cool ride....let me know if I can do anything for you in the future.....hermann :beer:

Ironhand

Banned
Double"O" said:
Brianpa,

It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday

I was the guy with the yellow cobra there. Your car sounded mean as hell when you left.

I stayed and talked to herman for ahwile after you left, really awesome guy,

I hope to see you around

Mike

Wait, you went to Herman's without Fred or I, Mike?!!! Sup wit dat bro? :) Thursday is Fred's day off, can you make it over?

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
The T56 is awsome gave it a little gas tonight and its even a little faster now. I beat a KB cobra by 2 cars and normally I only when by a car. I may need to go with more boost soon I will have to talk to you about when I drop off the car. Maybe the 4.10s will be enough.

TRiedy

wish i was back in FL!
Established Member
Whats up guys.. just wanted to see where you all live at. Im over in Iraq right now, and stationed up in TN, but home is in Palm Harbor for me(just a little north of Clearwater if you dont know it). I'm buying QWKRN U's 03 10th anny when I get back in Sept and the next time I'll be home should be early Nov. I'll be new to the modding arena.. but wanted to meet some friendly guys in the area that know a lot about these cars, people I can learn from(I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most mechanically inclined, but I want to learn!). Anyway, can't wait to get back.. maybe ill see some of you at Hermanns

Tyler

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Hermann is definately the man. No questions asked. I have made many posts on Modularfords about how he has gone way above and beyond what he needs to. He is a good friend of mine and I feel more than comfortable handing the keys over to him because I know the work will be done right.....

You guys are lucky to have him in Tampa. His calander should be full with everyone down there just for his tunes, let alone his mechanical ability.

fhp89lx

SVT Pride
Established Member
jackers said:
Hermann is definately the man. No questions asked. I have made many posts on Modularfords about how he has gone way above and beyond what he needs to. He is a good friend of mine and I feel more than comfortable handing the keys over to him because I know the work will be done right.....

You guys are lucky to have him in Tampa. His calander should be full with everyone down there just for his tunes, let alone his mechanical ability.

Does he tune Diablo or SCT? Is he better than Sam@Coastal?

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I hate comparing to professional tuners. I don't think it is fair because both have their ups and downs. What I can say is that you will be happy with either tuner.

I will also say that even though Hermann lives in Florida now and I am still in Maryland, he is still the only tuner I will use. He has even made special trips up here for my car and I can't tell you how much that is appreciated.

If you guys have any doubts, just stop by his shop and hang out for a little. You will see.

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Awesome work Hermann - the car is loads more fun now. Just keep us posted on the welding equipment from MD. :)

brainpa

Established Member
He works out of Brandon..I would be happy to give you the #, but you need to PM me so I can, because you don't seem to have that option...

JR

Users who are viewing this thread