First 11-second Shelby GT350

GotGrunt

Established Member
If they're actually hooking at 7,000RPM like they said they're launching best at, I'd blame it more on the long first gear. Either way, it needs lower gears to be a drag car. Yet another example of why this isn't going to burn up any drag strips in stock form. I'm ok with that, I just wish some guys could get it through their heads. Mine will be on the street 99.9% of the time, the road course the other .1%, and I don't care if I can pull a 1.60 60' time for either of those.

Just like my Boss 302, it was built for the road course but I use it as a street car. I'm sure a majority of GT350 buyers will be doing the same. IMHO, I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the GT350 in stock form if they take it to the drag strip or race stoplight to stoplight. Im not saying the car is slow, only that it was hyped up beyond belief and the track times showing up from reputable shops in modified form are disappointing. I'm sure the IRS will be a pain to launch, especially on stock tires and cold pavement. I don't see too many people tuning this car unless they have money to burn and don't care about the warranty.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Many street races are from a roll, and this will be fine from a roll. It's just the launch that it's geared too high for.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Sounds like you only should race on the road course where it's legal.

Should be fine taking off from 4000-5000 in seriousness.

Users who are viewing this thread