First 1/4 mile times with the Vortech

stylin99

Established Member
Just got back from Darlington Dragway as part of the Mustang Week festivities. I thought I'd share my 1/4 mile results for those that are looking for comparisons.

The short story:
Best 1/4mi: 12.08 @ 117mph!
Best 1/8mi: 7.85 @ 91.7

The long story:
It took 3 hrs to get there, so the car was way hot, I iced it down, slapped some ice in the aftercooler, changed out my wheels to my Nitto Drag Radials (275/50/15), and sweated a bunch in the process. The only things removed for this trip were the spare/jack, trunk mat, and passenger seat (and of course rear seat delete kit is in). Front swaybar was still on, all Mach460 still in, blah, blah blah.

First run out here's the numbers:
60ft: 1.91
1/8: 7.96
ET: 91.38
1/4: 12.19
ET: 117.37

It stuck like glue leaving the line so I figured I'd leave a tad harder, with a longer burnout.

2nd run HOT LAPPED:
60ft: 1.84
1/8: 7.85
ET: 91.7
1/4: 12.08
ET: 117.09

All I can say is this car definitely has an 11 second run in it with a few more practice runs. I was so close, but came away very satisfied for now. I just have a goal next time I visit the track is all :D. I was seeing about 11psi of Boost tonite (checked it on the street heading home) with the lower temps (80's).

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Very Impressive. Nice numbers to be proud of. Good luck getting into 11s.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I my get 11's out of mine on motor if I'm lucky. That is my new goal now anyway. Noway I'll see that MPH though. Very good numbers!!! Congratulations!!! :beer: All you need are slicks and a good bonzai launch. You'll go mid 11's easy!!!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Yeppers, He's pretty close to stock save for the usual bolt-ons. Makes the runs more impressive to me. ;-)

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
dude you just wait unitl this fall when ambient temps are alot lower and you'll easily see 11's. i need to get one of those power coolers. my car runs like ass, now that its hot. could only muster high 12's the other night. see sig for this past springs e.t.'s
good job man
bryan

stylin99

Established Member
Sorry I haven't back over here for awhile.

Yea, engine internals are UNTOUCHED. Valve covers have never been off, intake has never been off. But that same fact worries me
in making more boost this fall and winter when the temps drop. I'm not sure how much she'll hold.

Don - How did you fare at Mooresville this weekend!? I missed your runs but heard it was low 8's. Gimme a call or shoot me an email I want to hear how she did.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Didn't heat the DR's enough on the first 2 passes and lit them up pretty bad. Had to do a bunch of pedaling. Next two passes I heated them up enough and didn't launch it hard enough. It dead hooked at 4000 bonzai launch and bogged. IT WAS AWESOME, car still turned 8.3's @88+ mph on 2.12's & 2.2 sixty foot times. That is 3 MPH I gained with just a tune bogging the car.

I'm still not quite as fast as you, but the car is getting much better. There are still a couple of cheap and easy mods left for me. I could use a better MAF with 24# injectors. I'd like to do the Anderson NA Power Pipe to smooth out the air around the MAF electronics. Dale is telling me the Side exit is holding me back a little. So, there are a few minor things that should help me out. Still don't know if those will be enough to get the 11's on motor or not. Just have to wait and see.
You, on the other hand, are just a pair of slicks away from deep 11's. I doubt ,since your car is significantly lighter than my old 97 was, that your rear end will have any problems. You're not pushing gobs of boost. I think the motor will live a long life on the setup you have, as long as the tune is safe. With it coming from Custom Performance, I'm sure it is.

If I'm still shy of 11's after the smaller mods, I guess I'll have to have the heads CNC'd and add the FoxLake intake. I know that will get me there. That stock intake is still holding me back at 5700. I'd love to see what the P51 intake would do for your car. Without increasing the boost at all, I'd bet you pick up 30 at the wheels at least. That would be so awesome. At any rate, gimme a call later on tomorrow or when you get this message.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by stylin99
Sorry I haven't back over here for awhile.

Yea, engine internals are UNTOUCHED. Valve covers have never been off, intake has never been off. But that same fact worries me
in making more boost this fall and winter when the temps drop. I'm not sure how much she'll hold.

Don - How did you fare at Mooresville this weekend!? I missed your runs but heard it was low 8's. Gimme a call or shoot me an email I want to hear how she did.

Hey guys I see that yall are in my area. Gastonia/ Mooresville. We should get together and shoot the shit sometime. I am planning on going to the test and tune on thursdays in mooresville soon. I'll shoot yall an e-mail or a PM.:beer:

stylin99

Established Member
Thanks Shark. I appreciate the words of encouragement. That is one strong N/A GT! If they'd build us a 1/4 mile track around Charlotte, we could get out there to test more. (Lowes Motor Speedway is sitting on a half-built one right now and won't finish it, Grrrrrr....)

I still haven't been back to a 1/4 mile since this thread. It's just tough to get out to Darlington or Rockingham on a weeknight.

Users who are viewing this thread