Technical info:

Canon Rebel XSi
18-55 mm lens
f/9 ISO 200
Exposure= bulb w/remote shutter release

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
looks like you need a tripod and a remote shutter release, your pics were a little haywire there at the beginning, but got better towards the end.

A+ for effort though, fireworks are tough to shoot.

:beer:

Here's a few of mine from last night. all done with a DSLR, tripod, and remote shutter.

fireworks11.jpg

fireworks12.jpg

fireworks13.jpg

fireworks14.jpg

fireworks15.jpg

fireworks17.jpg

fireworks18.jpg

fireworks2.jpg

fireworks25.jpg

fireworks22.jpg

fireworks29.jpg

fireworks3.jpg

fireworks4.jpg

fireworks43.jpg

fireworks6.jpg

fireworks9.jpg

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
looks like you need a tripod and a remote shutter release, your pics were a little haywire there at the beginning, but got better towards the end.

A+ for effort though, fireworks are tough to shoot.

:beer:

They were all shot with a tripod and shutter release. Your pics are awesome as well. :beer:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
hmmm, sounds like your settings might have been a little off then, or you had a nasty crosswind which was moving your camera.

here's some good tips for you in the future.

How to Photograph Fireworks Displays

thanks for the compliments.

Except for two that looked a little blurry/out of focus, I think all of them look good. You can definately tell a tripod was used, I don't know what would make you question whether one was used or not. Which shots specifically do you think he had issues with?

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
Except for two that looked a little blurry/out of focus, I think all of them look good. You can definately tell a tripod was used, I don't know what would make you question whether one was used or not. Which shots specifically do you think he had issues with?

go back and look at his shots, then look at my shots and compare the two. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing his effort, i'm just pointing out that something was off...whether it be the settings, or if he wasn't using a tripod and shutter. at first I thought he had done them free hand, because of all the blur, and movement and some of the light from the fireworks seems faded/subdued and the pics have a lot of background noise, whereas mine are crisp, clear, vibrant, and their is no background noise, and the background is completely black and not grainy with noise.

i think it was more the fact that he probably wasn't holding the shutter release in long enough, and his ISO setting was a little too high (he had it set at 200), he shoulda set it at 100, and increased his aperture to F/11 or F/13, I think his results would have been a lot better but it's all about learning, and getting familiar, he had some good shots in there. just giving some constructive critique. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread