firewall and engine question (and others)

llDemonll

Established Member
I have a couple questions. First off, does anyone have pics of an sn95 with 99 cobra wheels (or 00 / 01 were the same wheels also I think)? Searched through pics thread.but couldn't find any in the 20 or so pages I looked at.

Secondly, in the engine bay up by the passenger side of the windshield there is some little black tune thing about the size of a popcan and it has a few tunes coming out of it, one of which runs along the windshield cowl towards the drivers side of the windshield. I'm wondering what this is.

Finally (in relation to the previous question) if you luik down at the passenger side firewall there is a little black outlet hole that I have no clue what its for. Its about halfway down the firewall and just wide of the engine block.

Any insight into theese two things (and some pictures) appreciated =)

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
the black hole in the firewall is the A/C drain tube. it drains condensation off of the evap. core in the cabin. and i have no idea what your taking a about a can with "tunes".. does it play music?

when i bought my car, it had sliver 99's on it, didnt look to hot. i had a 99 v6 for sale, so i took my R's from the 99, and swaped them. much better. ill have to find some pics when i get home

lcarpen_2000

Established Member
I believe it is a charcoal canister that holds fumes from the fuel tank (part of the emmissions system). These get sucked into the intake and burned at startup and burned.

Users who are viewing this thread