Firehawk vs. Lightning

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I would say you got him!! My truck is stock, and I took an SS from 35MPH to 80MPH..He shut it down, not me, but I was still pulling pretty good. My truck pulls and pulls...I have only taken it to 100MPH...I want to see what it will do til 120MPH.

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
is the firehawk just an appearance package? down at pittsburgh raceway park there was one of those limited edition Blackhawk T/A's... you know... one of like 20 or something... he was beating the shit out of that car cleaning up left and right. .....then the terminators showed up and it was game over. hahaha

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
When they first came out it was small simple stuff that was added to a
regular Firebird by SLP. And when I mean small, I mean small. (Hood, muffler, ramair set up, rims, stickers and a build plate on the ashtray lid.) Most of the designs ended up on the regular Firebird anyways in later models.

Only cool part of owning it for me was the low amount of them that were built each year. 671 or so when they first came out. Just like the L the started making them in greater #'s as the years went by.

You guys think changing plugs on your trucks is hard, try an F-body. Never again. If I do it will cost double.

Last edited:

Pewter99TransAm

It will be close but you better be ahead by 80-90 or your gonna get pulled. My trans am beat 2 firehawks all from rolls but just barely both times....and I know my truck wouldnt hold of my trans am up top. Go fom a STOP! I ran a 02 pullied intake and tune lightning he got me 2 out of the hole and I pulled 4 on him after I hooked.

Last edited by a moderator:

SADF

Established Member
I hate to say it, but I think he may get you. Those things are quick. It just depends on driver, traction, and believe it or not if his car is a factory freak or not. I've seen a z28 stock ls1 on a dyno put down 315hp. Never cared for the looks of f-bodies, but for some reason they make great power.

00SVTStrike

Established Member
Yea..like I say...close. My brother owns a WS6 and a bunch of my friends have stalled/cam'd LS1...they are monsters for N/A motors.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Freakin' LS1's.

Watch out for the top end. And for the love of God, don't go from 55, lol.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
is that 345 to the wheels, if so i say you lose by a bit, especially once drag kicks in at 100, but thats just me.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
SVT32VDOHC said:
I would say you got him!! My truck is stock, and I took an SS from 35MPH to 80MPH..He shut it down, not me, but I was still pulling pretty good. My truck pulls and pulls...I have only taken it to 100MPH...I want to see what it will do til 120MPH.

well, after 100, aerodynamic drag seems to own these trucks. but my '00 stock will get to 135 with a reasonable amount of quickness, for a truck that is.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If it's stock, you got him covered. I love Firehawks. All they have over a regular Trans Am/Formula is a different hood, wheels, suspension, exhaust, and stickers. I still like them though.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
blklightningy2k said:
well, after 100, aerodynamic drag seems to own these trucks. but my '00 stock will get to 135 with a reasonable amount of quickness, for a truck that is.

And I think you mentioned that you were still stock. Wait until you get some mods done and you'll see why he would be able to keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread