Firearm refresher

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
Got this in an email and thought it was pretty cool. Sorry if its a repost.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows
will plow for those who do not."
- Thomas Jefferson

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.!

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. "Free" men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the "gun control laws" we ALREADY have, don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

26. "A government of the people, by the people, for the people..."

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Great list.

I especially like this one.

17. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

Especially around here. I have had to call a couple of times and its.......We don't have any Law Enforcement officers available right now.

Or, Let me see if I can find someone else to help you.

Or, Can you hold on I have another call coming in.

And they charge us $2.00 per month per phone line includes cell phones and land lines. It is a charge to employ family and friends and not much help.

Just MHO!!!

Speedy1

Established Member
It's good to be an American! Living here in PA there are very few restrictions on what type of firearm you can own, nothing like being able to open your back door and rattle off a few hundred rounds from your AR-15 :)

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I also live in PA, and I own many guns. I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment. I hate black market economies, just look at the drug trade in this country. If you ban [insert here] you create a black market for [insert here] and now only criminals have access to [insert here]. Prohibition worked really well huh, imagine it orders of magnitude worse with firearms. Now people don't need to be running around with .50 BAR's or .240's but guns founded this country, period.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
a .240 is a standard issue machine gun currently used in the USMC. A .50 BAR is a Fifty-Caliber Browning Assault Rifle. Whose rounds are about 5 inches long and will easily penetrate a engine block and kill you on the other side.

astrodudepsu said:
a .240 is a standard issue machine gun currently used in the USMC. A .50 BAR is a Fifty-Caliber Browning Assault Rifle. Whose rounds are about 5 inches long and will easily penetrate a engine block and kill you on the other side.

You should really shutup before you look like more of an ass. There is no such thing as a .240.

There is however, an M240B, C, and a few other variants.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
astrodudepsu said:

LMAO!!

5.56 NATO is the cartridge the M16, M4s, and SAWs use. It is otherwise known as .223 Remington, though the cartridges vary based on the amount of powder and what not used.

BARs were chambered for 30-06 Springfield, which is a 7.62x63 mm round. 50 caliber rounds are 12.7mm in size.

Don't believe me? Read here and here for info on the BAR, and here for the M16, which is the current issued rifle for the military.

If you think it might have been in the past, you are wrong as well. In the past, such as in WWII, the Korean war, and part of the Vietnam war, the military used the M1 Garand, which fired the same 30-06 Springfield round as the BAR, the M1 Carbine, which shot it's own special round, known as the .30, also known as 7.62x33, and the M14, which shoots 7.62x51 NATO cartridge, also known as .308 Winchester.

After looking around for a bit, there is a .240, but its called the .240 Wby. Mag, not just the .240. Close enough though, I'll admit I was wrong in assuming there is no .240. There is also the .243 Win and .243 WSSM, and the 6mm cartridge, which is known as 6mm, not .24x.

There could be more, but I know for a fact the US never used any .24 caliber bullet in a standard issue rifle, or likely any rifle for that matter.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
astrodudepsu said:

Umm...you just got owned! :D

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
If you think it might have been in the past, you are wrong as well. In the past, such as in WWII, the Korean war, and part of the Vietnam war, the military used the M1 Garand, which fired the same 30-06 Springfield round as the BAR, the M1 Carbine, which shot it's own special round, known as the .30, also known as 7.62x33, and the M14, which shoots 7.62x51 NATO cartridge, also known as .308 Winchester.
all true facts, my dad owns all these guns, this guy knows what he is talking about, and all of them are very fun to shoot too.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Well in my defense any time you look up the 50 cal, its always listed as .50 cal and if you do the unit conversion 12.7mm is EXACTLY half an inch .50. As for BAR i meant BMG, but honestly forgot but you can confirm here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_BMG As for the 240 the period was a mistake and I didnt check this post until this morning where I find all of these lovely flames. I also said standard issue Machine gun, for a solider with the MOS of machine gunner, not reg infantry. And a large portion of regular infantry men use M4's now the M16 is on its way out.

Users who are viewing this thread