fiore f/w adjuster and steeda quick release quad

compcobra

Established Member
I will definetely keep the quick release quad around if I ever install a DFX. I have the stock clutch for now.

TEABG

Banned
What is the clunk noise that happens if you shift to quickly? Will a Firewall adjuster correct this? Thank you for your time.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The clunk is by design, if you let it out too quick without rev matching, it will clunk.

TEABG said:
What is the clunk noise that happens if you shift to quickly? Will a Firewall adjuster correct this? Thank you for your time.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I second the opinon on not getting an aftermarket cable. I have had 2 aftermarket cable to break on me in less than 8 months!! Both were UPR. The stock cable is by far the best suited. I installed a Fiore firewall adjuster and quadrant on my friends 02 GT today that he purchased through Amazon Tuning. I was very impressed with the product!! I have a UPR kit on mine for now. In the future, I will be switching to the fiore!

compcobra

Established Member
optx002 said:
just put on the fiore adjuster with the steeda quick release quadrant and the ldc freeplay kit. Loving it. Def worth it.

Is your clutch cable hitting the valve cover?

BWH2003

Established Member
My clutch cable touchs the valve cover but it doesnt seem to be hurting it. Even stock it touched a little. Is that a problem?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
When you hit the gas hard.. ie full boost .. the motor MOVES, so yes it is a potential problem and can tear the firewall. Poly motor mounts would help control the movement of the motor, but the more power you throw at it, the torque is going to cause it to move a little.

BWH2003 said:
My clutch cable touchs the valve cover but it doesnt seem to be hurting it. Even stock it touched a little. Is that a problem?

DaBoss302

Established Member
LDC freeplay kit, Steeda quick release quad. and the Fiore f/w adjuster
Why are some guys running this combo

whats wrong with running LDC kit. Fiore F/W adjuster and Fiore Quad???????

what advantage with steeda quick release quad?

RacerDan

Established Member
I have the fiore adjuster and a upr quick release quad and ldc freeplay kit. I have my clutch set up to engage half way down and the cable isn't close to the VC at all.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
LDC does not make a quadrant or adjuster, they only make a spring kit to prevent the clutch from "falling" so it doesn't prematurely wear out the TOB (throw out bearing). The quadrant and adjuster are 2 different pieces elsewhere.

The quick release quadrant has a steeper sweep than stock, so it allows you to kick the clutch in and out much faster. This is why I hardly get any chatter using the DFX clutch. The only disadvantage with the quick release quadrant is it becomes hard to press the clutch - but with the DFX, it just gives the clutch pedal more feel. With a standard quadrant, the DFX clutch action is super-light.

DaBoss302 said:
LDC freeplay kit, Steeda quick release quad. and the Fiore f/w adjuster
Why are some guys running this combo

whats wrong with running LDC kit. Fiore F/W adjuster and Fiore Quad???????

what advantage with steeda quick release quad?

Last edited:

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Interesting info, I've been debating what quadrant to go with once I get the DFX in, either the quick release or the Fiore quadrant. I think I'm leaning towards the Steeda quick release, just hope the pedal feel isn't too hard for normal driving.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
The Fiore adjuster, Steeda Quick Release quadrant and LDC were perfect for my stock clutch. Now that I have the DFX in, I can't get enough adjustment before the adjuster runs out of thread and it hits the valve cover. So, I am running with too much freeplay right now. I am thinking of going with a UPR or something else with two hooks on the quadrant. I would loose the "quick ramp" feature then, however. Any suggestions??

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Once the DFX is in, it's SUPER light with the regular type quadrants! With the quick release, it's still way lighter than stock!

o4cOb|2a said:
Interesting info, I've been debating what quadrant to go with once I get the DFX in, either the quick release or the Fiore quadrant. I think I'm leaning towards the Steeda quick release, just hope the pedal feel isn't too hard for normal driving.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I have the same dilemma. I want to keep the DFX AND the Quick release, so that leaves 2 options to change out; the FW adjuster OR the Clutch cable. I am trying the UPR firewall adjuster to see if that solves my problem. The quick release is too good with the DFX!!!!

badboy said:
The Fiore adjuster, Steeda Quick Release quadrant and LDC were perfect for my stock clutch. Now that I have the DFX in, I can't get enough adjustment before the adjuster runs out of thread and it hits the valve cover. So, I am running with too much freeplay right now. I am thinking of going with a UPR or something else with two hooks on the quadrant. I would loose the "quick ramp" feature then, however. Any suggestions??

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Thanks for the response Mike. So we can conclude that the DFX Fiore adjuster +Steeda QR quadrant hits the valve cover when the adjuster is backed out. Is there such a combo that avoids this problem with the DFX clutch? I don't have any shifting problems with stock quadrant so I might try the Fiore quadrant. Anyone out there know if the Fiore adjuster + Fiore Quadrant works well with the DFX? I just don't want to be adjusting it and have it hit the valve cover and not be able to adjust anymore.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I'm going to guess that using a standard sweep quadrant like the Fiore will solve the problem. But you lose the quick release feature, the clutch pedal becomes lighter and you have to physically let out the clutch faster to make up for it ... or CHATTER

compcobra

Established Member
I just replaced the steeda quick release with the fiore quad and the fiore adjuster is still backed far enough out that it is hitting the valve cover. Any suggestions?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
compcobra said:
I just replaced the steeda quick release with the fiore quad and the fiore adjuster is still backed far enough out that it is hitting the valve cover. Any suggestions?
I just replaced the stock cable with a Steeda adjustable cable. Now my Fiore adjuster is not so far out. I am using the Steeda quick release quadrant. I never could get it adjusted right so I thought I would try the adjustable cable. Now I can set it where I want it.

Users who are viewing this thread