Finished Painting My Interior Door Handles.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Thanks Chris Nelson and everyone who helped me get the door handles out w/o breaking (much lol).

These pics look like ass but it was dark out so...

whitehandlegl3.jpg

whitehandle2ht6.jpg

whitehandle3kj0.jpg

I had painted parts of the interior last year and I have been thinkin the doors needed a little color. Im a big fan of bringing the outside color of a vehicle inside. Ive seen it done on alot of newer cars. Anyway thats it. :)

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great bro. How did you get the handle off? Wouldnt mine painting mines black.

1s9v9t3

Established Member
Looks good. You might want to try and paint the piece that holds you window switches. Did it on mine and looks awesome

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
1s9v9t3 said:
Looks good. You might want to try and paint the piece that holds you window switches. Did it on mine and looks awesome

I considered that but now its almost too much so unless I decide to paint something behind the seats Im done.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Fleeman:

There is the plastic piece that runs vertically just behind the rear edge of the window pull that out straight.

Pull off the plate that goes behind the door handle.

Behind these two pieces are a bolt (total of 2) unbolt those and you can lift up on the whole door panel.

The window switch/lock plate also pops out and you can slide that through the hole in the door panel.

If you have an older L you will have a light in the door this is attatched (and removed) with a twist, sort of like the air sensor thing in the airbox.

Once this is done there is one bolt holding the handle assymbly in place take that out then easily remove the cable.

I sanded with 3 grades of paper then used tack cloth. After that I used a plastic adhesion promotor (best stuff on earth if you are gonna paint plastics!) followed by 2 light coats of primer 3 light coats of white paint then 2 light and 1 medium coat(s) of clear coat.

I did about the same thing on the other parts of my interior and I have to say it has held up well. I chipped some paint once when I got in a hurry installing my boost guage and steering pod but a little touch up was all it needed.

Hit me up if you have any more questions! :beer:

Oh btw isnt it great when you buy a used vehicle and come across hidden goodies? My head unit SUCKS but I found some nice Pioneer speakers in the doors. :) The system the guy put in is a very miss-matched mix but Im gonna keep the Pioneers the Sony amp and the Kicker solo baric sub. Im gonna need a nice HU and some other goodies but those door speakers will be great when I give em some power. :)

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
I dont like the color contrast but too each his own.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
I know what ya mean and I dont blame ya because it took me a little to get used to. I would (at this point) even love to go all white/black with no grey but that would be down the road. I bet a LOT of people would really hate that lol.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Look's good...It's nice to see something different for a change.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I normally don't like white on a dark interior but I really do like it. It's nice to see something different. :rockon:

I painted my radio bezel Sonic Blue just like Andre did. It amazing to me how it looks so damn good in his truck but with my interior it looked so out of place. Gloss black it is.

Users who are viewing this thread