Finished my procharger installation

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So my package came a bit early, came sat afternoon though I wasn't expecting it until monday.

Of course I couldn't wait to install it so I started right away, had a few hiccups along the way. The race intercooler required alot of trimming to the splash guards surrounding the condensor/radiator so that part of the installation probably added an hour or so, I found out the hard way you cannot install the bracket and then the head unit, it all needs to be one piece which proved difficult considering I was installing it by myself. With the help of a bungee cord I was able to hold it all in place while I bolted it on though. I also spent an hour fighting the tubing only to find I was doing it wrong the entire time so that was fun. Getting all the tubing in place and clamped down really proved to be the biggest pain, I have an automatic car so there are trans lines running in the way everywhere you look, everything else went as smoothly as I could've hoped. Not sure if its supposed to tuck away or not but the tubing hangs down lower than the under car splashguard so I have yet to reinstall it. Tuning end of it is kicking my ass now.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
XtOHragRL9E8xWI-jFrJ1Sk8aoF7K4XzRPizRpGFmTNJ3_3Q3CRhYNdt-qHZYgZgvQsrc6L-BwE3JJxWg=w1423-h1067-no.jpg

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice! The tubing hangs lower on my car also. I removed the splash guards after having installing a k-member and havent had any issues

bunits19714

Established Member
Bill you changing your plugs? Surprised you didn't at least disconnect the - battery terminal , And are you still running cats or no?

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No cats, neg battery terminal was disconnected for the entire process, changed to brisk plugs about a week prior to the D1x installation 1 step colder .28 gap

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
well that escalated quickly lol, hitting IDC of 105% on the 47lbers they include with the kit so its time to step into some id1050x's :) guess I'll have some room to grow

Users who are viewing this thread