Finished IRS "build" for IRS swap, gotta hand it to FTBR...

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Traded the SRA for an IRS, the subframe and front diff mounts were already done with poly, rest was still rubber and original cross axis links. Also the rear mount had a stripped bolt hole. Replaced all remaining rubber with FTBR stuff including the FTBR aftermarket aluminum rear diff mount. Gotta really give those guys props, they make one hell of a line of products and James at FTBR has been really great throughout the process getting me the parts I need and with advice.

Just need to grab a torque wrench from work on lunch tomorrow that'll do 184ft lbs for the LCA bolts and then up she goes. Steeda brace on the stock cover. Stock tie rods in good shape, did the cross axis links too, they were completely gone... Already came with an upgraded sway bar and heim joint end links. Going with stock low mileage Terminator springs and shocks. Will cut 1/2 a coil off the springs if it sits too high. Will do brakes at some point...

Also I realized I completely spaced that the swaybar goes under the UCAs lol... fixed...

irs.jpg
irsuca.jpg
irslinks.jpg

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
that looks beautiful. I just picked up a 35k mile IRS from a friend's 03 Cobra. I'd love to do the full FTBR kit but just can't afford it. I'm going to see if i can just get by with cradle & IRS mount bushings and rear diff brace for now.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Thanks. Its taken a minute to get it there... I got the Steeda brace, its $163 on sale on Steeda.com and Jegs right now and it fits well. Far and away the best deal on a brace. The Prothane bushings also do well on the subframe and diff but for the control arms def go with FTBR.

Also inspect your cross axis links and buy a torque wrench that can go up to 250 ft lbs. That is another $450 I was not expecting lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread