Fines for not selling enough EVs....

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Hope all you guys are happy. You voted for this.

The best part is that the people whose votes support these kinds of proposals are absolutely 100% okay with it.

Fine automakers billions of dollars for not meeting CAFE standards? Good, they’ll be more motivated to achieve those standards required to lower global warming.

Strong-arm manufacturers into EV over-production before the technology is on par with what is required of it or the infrastructure can support large-scale charging systems across the nation? Excellent, the government should help expedite and fund the switch to EV over combustion engines in all facets of life regardless of cost.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
img_8357-jpg.1811735

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
We won't build a new powerplant, we'll just buy more electricity from out of state (or trade carbon credits/ send windfarm power out of state) and throw up another windfarm or two.
There was a group that wanted to put up a coal plant in far western Kansas near Holcomb and the green people kept suing. After well over 5 years of legal and political battles the company finally gave up and built nothing.
The electric company Evergy basically said we'll have to drastically raise rates for residential customers across the state to pay for it, and we already pay more than basically every state in the region.
I'm just waiting to hear that the majority of the jobs created are going to be filled by people from out of state or the country as well.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
FJB! what’s funny is most of the Biden fan base would say those evil corporations can afford it all the money they have and I’m struggling working at Mc Donald’s they’re polluting our planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The government could just drop all the energy subsidies and tax credits and see where it leads us naturally instead of these mandates and such.
It's because the government has the mortality of cancer, where growth is its only goal

Users who are viewing this thread