Finding previous owners

snakebittin

Established Member
I was wondering if there was any way of finding the previous owners of my 98 yellow cobra?The guy I bought it from and the one before him didn't have it long or know much about it.

blksnke2

Established Member
You could run a Carfax history (or any form of vehicle history) and see what general area it spent most of its life in. Then try to find car clubs in that area (like on Facebook or something) and ask around if anyone ever remembers seeing it at any car meets or car shows.

blksnke2

Established Member
It was probably from New Mexico.

Yeah I think I saw a Redfire Cobra passing through New Mexico one time. But it just doesn't make sense because I'm pretty sure there weren't any Redfire Cobras west of the Mississippi River!

Steve1578

Established Member
It was probably from New Mexico.

3f206bc1ca9aa41ac2d53e1ee86a1a19d16692b7a0efe6103c0df7f409ed9d30.jpg

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Are you trying to get more info on the car and contact the old owner?

Be careful as some people may get upset if you're looking for them. They got rid of the car and don't want to be bothered by it anymore. That is the mentality I've seen being very common.

Good luck on the search man.

GodStang

Established Member
Are you trying to get more info on the car and contact the old owner?

Be careful as some people may get upset if you're looking for them. They got rid of the car and don't want to be bothered by it anymore. That is the mentality I've seen being very common.

Good luck on the search man.

This here. So many people contact the previous owners to tell them what they did to the car and what their plans are. 99% of the time the previous owners do not care.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'd like to find out where my old 2V is these days and maybe buy it back :pepper:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
One thing to keep in mind is that the vast majority of people buying cars, even Mustangs and other sports cars, are not enthusiasts. They don't care about the car like you do and as pointed out above may not be in the best of mood that you're trying to track them down.

I briefly attempted to find my 2008 Mustang GT/CS and the route I went was to get a carfax report and try to get a location from the DMV based on the vin. Neither were fruitful. The carfax basically just tells you when it was last sold and what area of the country. If the car ever made it to a dealer, it's likely nowhere near where it was sold as it's been through the auction circuits.

If you know somebody at a dealer and know the vin you might be able to run an oasis report to see where if at all it's being serviced.

Users who are viewing this thread