Find ECU Code on Programmer

Montanasvt

Established Member
I traded in my 2011 GT and took all the aftermarket parts off the car. I had a SCT Tuner on it. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to check on the programmer what ECU the tune is good for. It has already been sold so there's no way for me to call the dealer or go there to look at it myself. Anyone have any ideas? The tune was from Evolution Performance.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Sorry man. Once you use the tuner on a car its Married to it. Unless you loaded back the stock tune before you traded in the car, the tuner has to be mailed back to SCT to be erased. Once you do that you can use it on any mustang.

Montanasvt

Established Member
Sorry man. Once you use the tuner on a car its Married to it. Unless you loaded back the stock tune before you traded in the car, the tuner has to be mailed back to SCT to be erased. Once you do that you can use it on any mustang.

Not my first rodeo ;-).... I put the car back to the stock tune and the programmer unlocked ready to use. I just dont know how to find out the comp code so the tunes that are on it will work the next person with the same code.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Not my first rodeo ;-).... I put the car back to the stock tune and the programmer unlocked ready to use. I just dont know how to find out the comp code so the tunes that are on it will work the next person with the same code.

Well Lund(thats who evo performance uses right?) should have it since he would have needed it off the car to build the tunes. The question is, will he give it too you?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I bought my SCT 3000 handheld for a 2009 GT500. The car was lost in a frontal impact, which destroyed all wiring to the PCM, so I was unable to load the stock tune back into it. SCT unlocked my tuner for free, because it was lost in an accident. Thanks SCT!

They loaded the latest firmware and said it would work on my new 2014 GT. I will report back the results.

Montanasvt

Established Member
Well Lund(thats who evo performance uses right?) should have it since he would have needed it off the car to build the tunes. The question is, will he give it too you?

I will try contacting Evolution Performance then. Maybe they have the serial number of the tuner still in the system. Thanks for the input.

acrbill

Established Member
Are you trying to sell the tune? That is sort of shady IMO but to each their own.

Do you have the original email from when you ordered the tune? Sometimes they will send you a list of the stuff you filled out on the tune form. Also sometimes your computer will cache the form you filled out so if you go to the evo website mayhaps you can click the form and see what you typed in.

Users who are viewing this thread