Finaly new headlights!!

blkstangman88

Established Member
Tell me what u guyz think. I got a set of new Black beauty head lights, n envoy fog light housings along with a set of 55watt HID headlights and 35watt HID fog lights (both 5k in color)

2010-07-17195225.jpg

2010-05-10224416.jpg

crazycarlo

Established Member
looks mean man got any other better quality pics? Also be careful with the 55w kits. I dont have them but my best friend had them in his brand new silverado and he said the lights would get so hot it started messing up the chrome reflecto on the inside of his stock housings. He has since switched back to 35w which in all honestly is pretty bright....esp 5K

blkstangman88

Established Member
oh i know, i got 55watt in my mazda n my R1 for highs n lows. been a year for them now and no problem. must b a chevy thing lol

F8L BYT

Established Member
More pics of the car and please make them smaller... I wanna see those wheels. What are they?

blkstangman88

Established Member
i was thinking bout putting a 50% tint on the fogs. ive just been outa town for the last month so havnt had time lol thanx guys. its been a work inprogress going on 5yrs now on a tight budget. didnt help the last owner installed many cheap parts and neglected the car alot.

uh0h50

Established Member
Really nice cobra! I'm on the fence about purchasing the same headlights for my car but don't know how good it'll look being that the cobra is red. How's the visibility compared to stock? Any glare? Are the insides of the projectors able to be aimed if needed?

blkstangman88

Established Member
light output is better IMO. tho i went from crappy clear lenses with stock bulbs to these with 55watt HIDs lol the beam is way better then stock i think, and the entire houseing adjusts just like stock does. as for glare, there 55watt HIDs, of course theres mass glare without true projectors, but i dont care cuz im behind them lmao

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
Wait, where did you get 18x10.5 RPF1's? I have wanted RPF1's for my Audi for a while, and when I got my 96 Cobra I wanted a set but couldn't find them in the right size. They look HOT and a really light weight too.

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Man I love that fog light look....what all do i need for that?

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
what headlights are those? an where did you get them?

blkstangman88

Established Member
my buddys a manager at les schwab, i had him order them for me.

the fogs lites r super easy, cut the bottome portion of the fog lite bracket off as it interfers with the envoy bulb location, then use new nuts n screws to mount the envoy fogs to the stock modified bracket. theres lots of threads on this. the bulbs r exactly the same.

i got the fogs n head lights from ebay. since all aftermarket headlights encounter the same problem, fogging n yellowing, i figured y pay for the the same thing, then i used silicone to seal around the edges.....zero problems

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Really nice cobra! I'm on the fence about purchasing the same headlights for my car but don't know how good it'll look being that the cobra is red. How's the visibility compared to stock? Any glare? Are the insides of the projectors able to be aimed if needed?

I had those headlights on my '94. I can post pics some time later; I'm about to go to bed now. I did not like them at all on my car. They look okay on black cars though.

The Enkei's are awesome. Tire sizes could be a bit better in my opinion....fronts look a bit stretched, rears bulge a bit much. The 5k HIDs are awesome. Envoy fogs are a meh for me.

blkstangman88

Established Member
ya i got 255s on a 9.5 wide rim, even tho the tires are recommended for that rim i wish i had 265s at least. rear bulge i can deal with lol

suspension right now is just H&R super sports minus isolators with bilstien shocks n strucks. coil overs and full m/m tubular parts or awaiting. just need the green paper that takes far to long to earn lol

Users who are viewing this thread