r/t: horrible .393 (+.500)
60ft: 1.659
330: 4.838
1/8th: 7.534
MPH: 92.20
1000: 9.820
1/4: 11.75
MPH 117.70

launched at around 5700 rpm, quickly releasing the clutch.
dynoed at 437 about an hour after at the portable dyno jet.
mt et streets @ 14psi on the back, skinnies up front.
eaton, stock clutch, tranny, rear end
griggs gr40 road racing suspension
predator done by me
at firebird international raceway @ the fun ford weekend

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
WoW! :bowdown: Love that 60ft!!!!
Congratulations! :beer:
It's nice to see a vert in the 11's.

Redwing

Established Member
Armwalker, you have a Datsun 510? Is it still running?
One of the first cars I ever owned was a 1971 510 2-door. bought it brand new! (shows how old I am).
Traded it for a 1973 510. I autocrossed and dragged and rallied that car. Beat the shit out of it.
After I got married, my wife let me spend on it. I had a 4:10 limited slip diff, a triple-S cylinder head from Japan, twin Weber sidedrafts, an 11-1 compression (had to run aviation fuel, which I bought from the local private airpost)a cam, headers, a Stebro exhaust(do they still make them), the whole bit. It was lowered,with front and rear sway bars, metallic brake pads, and it had 13x7 Revolution wheels with Pirrelli CN-36 tires. It was a terrific little car, and it would out-drag my brother's Corvette. When it was running right. Which wasn't often. Like most hot rods of the era, I was always constantly tuning it, trying to keep it running. It had no chokes, so winter starting(yup, I drove it year round) involved a can of ether and a 20 minute ritual),it had absolutely NO torque below 3000rpm (It would go easily to 8000), it wouldn't idle in traffic more than 3 minutes without fouling the plugs, and I had to have a can of av-fuel and octane boost with me on any trip to mix in with every fill up, or it would ping like mad. Never went anywhere without a tool kit and some carb jets. Had a lot of fun though. I won several trophies at autocross and in rallies. Put 50,000 miles on it before the motor blew.
I guess I was the original ricer!
Now, I have a 400 hp Mustang, just get in, turn the key, and go! Suits me in my dotage.
Steve

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I also caught that....Post some pics of it...I'd love to get my hands on a 71/72 510 or a 79/80 Corolla....Fun lil cars...

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
here's a pic of a cool lil 510..Would love to get one to this level...

:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread