Finally went to track

ktulu1984

Established Member
I was finally able to make some passes. It was hot as shit, I think with better weather I can get in the 11s on my street tires. This was the best 60' I have ever had, even from my old Z06. Here is my slip. I was racing my friends '08 Pontiac G8. 20140517_161917.jpg

These are my Dyno numbers, SAE, not standard correction. Std was 419hp/402tq. SAE is 406.2hp/389.5tq.20140515_134947.jpg

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
That's a nice pass but I don't see it going 11's with street tires. I have pretty much the same set up as you and I'm having trouble getting it in the 11's with 15" drag radials and more suspension. These stick cars are brutal on the tires. I've cut 1.73 60ft and was on my way to an 11 second slip before getting locked out of 4th gear. I went 12.2 with a 1.80 60ft. I just don't see the 60ft being that good on street tires.

ktulu1984

Established Member
Wow, I think I can at least get to 12.1. My friend was there with his auto ZL1 and he stayed later than me. This was my last pass of the day. He pulled a 12.1 about two hrs after I left when it was just becoming dusk. Temp dropped about 10 degrees down to about 79°. We had almost identical et at trap speed all day. I may be wrong but I will hopefully see when another front passes. If that happens before fall.

Justin81

Established Member
I'm sure anything's possible, especially with these cars. Please don't let me discourage you. My passes weren't the best ones to talk about as it was my first time out with the car also. But here's what I learned. You're only gonna go so fast with the feather or low RPM slipped launches. If you can master them on street tires 12.1 can very well be possible. However, in order to cut thos low 1.8 and 1.7 60ft's or faster I believe you have to leave at 4k-5k out of the hole. That would get you an 11 second pass but I'm pretty sure your not going out at 4k and hooking.

ktulu1984

Established Member
I was leaving around 1500 rpms and slowly going to full throttle. I tried a few different ways and this worked best. I had the Boss manifold, but took it off a couple weeks ago, I hated it. I lost a good bit of tq and was having trouble shifting. Now I need to look into what to get for more power besides FI.

bobster

Established Member
Nice pass, better tires are the way to go! Either drag radials or better yet a separate pair of wheels with et streets on them, you will not be disappointed!

Users who are viewing this thread