Finally went back to track

93cobracoupe

Established Member
Well a few months ago I posted about my last outing in my stock cobra with a cartech 61mm turbo kit. It went 11.8 at 117 with 5lbs and was pretty happy with it. This time around I had some moser axles installed, put a 6AL2 installed for the 2 step feature, and went from 3.73 gears down to 3.27. Also put a mix of C12 and pump just for safety and pumped up boost to 10lbs. The result was 11.2 at 128 with a 1.89 60ft. My goal was a high 10 but car wasnt hooking very good and could not use 2 step as the tires would just spin crazy. I was running on 28x11.5 ET STREETS. Overall Im happy especially with the MPH as the motor is 100% stock. I figured if I can get car to hook on the 2 step i can get I should be pretty well into the 10's. Man the attention these foxes get is unreal at the track. Everyone has love for these cars.

93cobracoupe

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yeah Im gonna start building another motor pretty soon. What do yall think about the B50 Sportsman Block? I hear alot of good and and lot of people say its nothing special. I leaning towards a A4 but wanted to hear some opinions as there is one for sale locally. Thanks

buddha93

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yeah Im gonna start building another motor pretty soon. What do yall think about the B50 Sportsman Block? I hear alot of good and and lot of people say its nothing special. I leaning towards a A4 but wanted to hear some opinions as there is one for sale locally. Thanks

No, no, and no. Stay the hell away from the B50

If you can find an A4 cheap that hasn't been bored within an inch of it's life, snag it.

But for the money, the new Boss block is kick-ass. Diversified always gets the nod from me when it comes to Ford parts. $1650 shipped! Pratically giving them away.

Buy Ford Racing Parts - BOSS 302 Engine Block

buddha93

Established Member
Ive found a A4 that has only been bored 30 over that is a pretty good deal. Which block is better? Boss or A4?

Well, the Boss has some really nice features the A4 doesn't, but if you get the A4 for a good price, they can take a bunch of power.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I'm a fan of the A4 over the Boss only b/c the Boss block creates some machining difficulty in a build.

Users who are viewing this thread