finally tuned: 11:1cr, 9.5psi, e85

pacific4v

Established Member
Well i finally got my car tuned yesterday. I pegged the maf at 5600rpm, my tuner said its because i have the maf sensor in a 3" pipe and if i put it in a 4" it should be alright. So foe now he set the rev limiter at 5600rpm. At 18 degrees timing, still a little rich, and at 9.5psi it made 515rwhp/505tq. Hp peaked at 5600rpm when the maf pegged. He told me after a retune and more timing and more boost from.being able to rev it higher it should be close to 600rwhp.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
If that's with the S-trim, then those numbers are great for 9.5 psi. I'd expect it though with higher compression and E85.

Congrats!

corysmach1

Established Member
How high are you going to spin the motor? The car will pick up a lot of power fro there till 7k. Great numbers and there is a lot left on the table!!

pacific4v

Established Member
Thanks guys. I Will be spinning it uo to 7k.

Encased: why do u think he's full of shit? I know very little about tuning so Im.just curious. The maf is a sct ba2600 set up as blowthru in 3" intercooler piping.

pacific4v

Established Member
11:1 would be too high for gasoline but with e85 its possible. Im not for sure about aftermarket head bolt/studs as the motor was already in the car when i bought it.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I said your tuner is full of it cause there's no way that maf should peg at what your making-unless you have some extreme bends in front of it. my guess is he is screwing the pooch of his maf transfer function trying to compensate for the E85. the limit of a 2600 is usually around the 600-625 mark. also wanted to ask-are you doing draw through or blow through?

pacific4v

Established Member
Its blowthru. I have some local guys trying to help me figure it out. We're gonna datalog it Friday night and see what's up.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
basically you are running a draw thru maf on a blow thru setup.. The range of the maf decreases doing this. So you either need a Mafia or a Blow thru style maf..

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
your tuner sounds like he's full of shit-no offense. do you have a datalog? and what maf are you using?

blow through maf lowers the hp rating as the counts are higher, and also putting it in a 3 inch makes it count higher-meaning pegged. so his tuner is right, and running e85 requires around 30% more fuel so that will change your range.
when that maf is in a 4" tube you will be able to run it up higher, best maf to use though is a slot style ba5000 as the resolution is cleaner in blow through app.

pacific4v

Established Member
90mm = 3.5" so should i go with 3.5" pipe or 4"? Im gonna look into switching to a slot style too as that might be my best bet. I just think with 4" intercooler piping I'll be really tight on space.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
blow through maf lowers the hp rating as the counts are higher, and also putting it in a 3 inch makes it count higher-meaning pegged. so his tuner is right, and running e85 requires around 30% more fuel so that will change your range.
when that maf is in a 4" tube you will be able to run it up higher, best maf to use though is a slot style ba5000 as the resolution is cleaner in blow through app.

Bingo.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
11:1 would be too high for gasoline but with e85 its possible.

Sorry to go slightly off track, just wanted to add that 11:1 is ok with pump gas AND methanol injection. Of course the tune plays a huge role as well. As an example, my buddys Twin Turbo Viper has around 11:1 compression, with pump gas and meth injection it put down a little over 1000 rwhp (16 psi). When it had the Paxton Novi2000 @16psi, before it was TT, pump gas and meth it made 850 rwhp.

Just wanted to mention that since E85 isnt available everywhere, certainly up here it isnt.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
90mm = 3.5" so should i go with 3.5" pipe or 4"? Im gonna look into switching to a slot style too as that might be my best bet. I just think with 4" intercooler piping I'll be really tight on space.

4" is way too big for your application and expensive as hell. get a slot style, keep your 3" tubing, cut it and use a VMP 83mm maf tube housing and 3.5" tubing to the TB- problem solved

pacific4v

Established Member
4" is way too big for your application and expensive as hell. get a slot style, keep your 3" tubing, cut it and use a VMP 83mm maf tube housing and 3.5" tubing to the TB- problem solved

I think I've already decided that this is what Im gonna do. I don't want to just up the pipe size and get to the tuner and still have problems so Im gonna go with a slot style and run 3.5" tubing from before the maf up to the throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread