Finally taking the plunge

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
Im going to finally take the plunge and go wild with my build. Im buying the built5.4l block with custom ported 4v navigator heads from steve on NLOC. Im not going to use his blower but instead hes building me a custom intake so i can mount a 3.4l on it and we'll see where this goes. Hopefully i can keep the numbers up and keep it streetable. I know there are a few built 5.4l with 4v heads running around but if you guys know anyone running a larger S/C on it instead of turbos let me know id like to see what they cameup with so i can get a few ideas. wish me luck guys.....anyone know a tranny shop in Tn or Ky that can build me a tranny thats worth a damn. or a shop that sells them? wish me luck and i'll post pics once i get it started.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Now that is a bit of an interesting twist from what you had planned last, should be a great setup. If you want some cash towards your build, you know how to contact me.

Best of Luck and keep us posted.

01whiteL

Established Member
Im going to finally take the plunge and go wild with my build. Im buying the built5.4l block with custom ported 4v navigator heads from steve on NLOC. Im not going to use his blower but instead hes building me a custom intake so i can mount a 3.4l on it and we'll see where this goes. Hopefully i can keep the numbers up and keep it streetable. I know there are a few built 5.4l with 4v heads running around but if you guys know anyone running a larger S/C on it instead of turbos let me know id like to see what they cameup with so i can get a few ideas. wish me luck guys.....anyone know a tranny shop in Tn or Ky that can build me a tranny thats worth a damn. or a shop that sells them? wish me luck and i'll post pics once i get it started.

Give brian a call over at BTS, you won't regret it.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
if your friend is making a custom intake for you to mount a 3.4L whipple, why not have it made to fit a 4.0L whipple :shrug: bigger the better

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member

Isn't BTS right there in north central Arkansas? I heard from enough people that their trannys are 'the shit', amazing enough work that people have driven over a thousand miles just to go get stuff done there.

Its not Tennessee, but definitely close enough to take a look into.

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
thanks question for everyone tho, the navigator heads dont use COPs as everyone knows so am i better off trying to make my cops work or is there a way to wire in the coil paks they use....whats better and how do i do it...any thoughts

323octavio

Established Member
GOOD LUCK WITH THE BUILD THERES A GUY OUT HERE WHERE I STAY AT THAT HAS THAT SET UP 3.4 WHIPPLE TRUCK DOSENT RUN GOOD...SWANSON TUNNED IT!!!:shrug:

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
BTS will do you right. They have built a lot of Lightning Transmissions and if you can break it they can fix it under warranty. Brian seems to be a stand up guy, if I ever need a transmission built he is gonna get to do it.

svtbarry

Established Member
Please keep us posted on that 'custom' intake to match a big Whip to a Navi install. That would be my next project. I have a fully built Navi motor in my 01L but it is a Twin Turbo.

Last edited:

svtbarry

Established Member
Ignore Zak Attack people, it's a clever forgery :lol1:

Seriously though, I do have a second Liightning that has all the supporting mods already fitted ready for a built motor to be dropped in and I also have a very nice pair of ported, polished and flowed big valve heads for a navigator that probably won't be going on my TT setup, so it would be a very nice project to put those heads on a built L block, but I want to go big Whipple this time so I'm trying to work out what inlet would allow this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread