Finally Started Organizing The Garage

Steve1578

Established Member
It's been rainy and stormy all day so I decided to finally build my work bench and organize the garage. It's nothing special, just a one car, unpainted and unfinished. But it's something! Before and after, very happy with it. I'll be adding peg board and continuing to utilize wall space for other things as well.

And before anyone asks, no she's no leaking oil that bad(does have a drop here and there), I spilled some.
61e1a97d571c6721ebcea1146fc77f0d.jpg

44eacce2346e6427e2ddbb84544df0c1.jpg
b0ada3d784e2e1ca8d0b9e70c20f8a8f.jpg
dc0429e3594fe38e9a56c6afb8232bc8.jpg
44072188f06725ee1f642a2e718c6552.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking good!
I used to use the Meguair's Gold Class car wash as well. Worked pretty good and smelt awesome. (I see you have a bottle on your bottom shelf.)

Steve1578

Established Member

Steve1578

Established Member
Thanks!

Nice. I like your bench. It's simple and beefy - 4x4 & 3/4" plywood. You can work on it, put stuff on it, and it won't wiggle/sag.

Need this:
http://www.svtstore.com/svt-logo-banner-108x36/

Ooo, and this ones on sale too:
http://www.svtstore.com/garage-sign-powered-by-svt-cobra/

You got it. Wanted something that would stand up to abuse. 4x4's and 3/4" ply should do the job. She's sturdy as hell.

I would love to get those for the garage!

filthymcnasty

Established Member
It might only be a one car, but lots of guys would kill for that.

Damn good clean up, I built my shop from an old pole barn and would offer the following tips:

1) You don't have much space on the sides so focus on getting things hung on walls; that way you don't have alot of clutter.

2) Try to keep that space from being a catch all (ie. storage boxes, Christmas decorations, etc.).

3) Paint the walls and floor white, reflects light better than bare concrete.

Looks good so far.

Steve1578

Established Member
It might only be a one car, but lots of guys would kill for that.

Damn good clean up, I built my shop from an old pole barn and would offer the following tips:

1) You don't have much space on the sides so focus on getting things hung on walls; that way you don't have alot of clutter.

2) Try to keep that space from being a catch all (ie. storage boxes, Christmas decorations, etc.).

3) Paint the walls and floor white, reflects light better than bare concrete.

Looks good so far.

You hit the nail on the head. The sides were somehow always accumulating stuff. I'm going to hang everything I can. I have my ramps hung so far, next is getting my gardening tools hung. I'll eventually get a shed on my property but this an easy and cheap alternative.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Man I really need to stop complaining about the size of my 2.5 car garage. I'm currently trying to clean mine up and add some additional shelves. Unfortunately I just have WAY too much stuff in mine.

Steve1578

Established Member
Good work on organizing and doing that bench! Impressive man!
Thanks man! :thumbsup:

Man I really need to stop complaining about the size of my 2.5 car garage. I'm currently trying to clean mine up and add some additional shelves. Unfortunately I just have WAY too much stuff in mine.

I wish I had a 2.5. It's tough making everything work in a 1 car, but it's better than nothing. Keeps her out of the weather.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Thanks man! :thumbsup:

I wish I had a 2.5. It's tough making everything work in a 1 car, but it's better than nothing. Keeps her out of the weather.

I have a 60" zero turn, two motorcycles, an ATV and my 'stang in mine, along with a couple of bicycles oh and a 12ft kayak lol.

You should definitely get some wall storage going against that back wall. The wire stuff they make mainly for closets is decent, but it's not good for small things.

Users who are viewing this thread