Finally Some Good News on Assault Weapons Ban

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Finally some good news for us pro gun guys...

Assault weapons ban won't be in Dems' gun bill | www.wsbtv.com

WASHINGTON —

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has decided that a proposed assault weapons ban won't be part of a gun control bill the Senate plans to debate next month, the sponsor of the ban said Tuesday, a decision that means the ban stands little chance of survival.

Instead, Sen. Dianne Feinstein said she will be able to offer her ban on the military-style firearms as an amendment. Feinstein is all but certain to need 60 votes from the 100-member Senate to prevail, but she faces solid Republican opposition and likely defections from some moderate Democrats.

"I very much regret it," Feinstein, D-Calif., told reporters of Reid's decision. "I tried my best."

Feinstein, an author of the 1994 assault weapons ban that expired after a decade, said that Reid, D-Nev., told her of the decision on Monday.

There are 53 Democrats in the Senate, plus two independents who usually vote with them.

An assault-type weapon was used in the December massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., that revived gun control as a top issue in Washington. Banning those firearms was among the proposals President Barack Obama made in January in response to those slayings.

The assault weapons ban was the most controversial of the major proposals to restrict guns that have been advanced by Obama and Senate Democrats. Because of that, it had been expected that the assault weapons measure would be left out of the initial package the Senate considers, with Democrats hoping the Senate could therefore amass the strongest possible vote for the overall legislation.

Having a separate vote on assault weapons might free moderate Democratic senators facing re-election next year in Republican-leaning states to vote against the assault weapons measure, but then support the remaining overall package of gun curbs.

Gun control supporters consider a strong Senate vote important because the Republican-run House has shown little enthusiasm for most of Obama's proposals.

Feinstein said Reid told her there will be two votes.

One would be on her assault weapons ban, which also includes a ban on ammunition magazines that carry more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The second would just be on prohibiting the high-capacity magazine clips.

Many Democrats think the ban on large-capacity magazines has a better chance of getting 60 votes than the assault weapons ban.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has approved four gun control measures this month, including Feinstein's barring assault weapons and high capacity magazines. The others would expand required federal background checks for firearms buyers, increase federal penalties for illegal gun trafficking and boost school safety money.

Copyright The Associated Press

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Shes a ****ing disgrace to this nation.

One day I'd love to run into her and tell that to her ugly skeletor **** face.

alex3610

Established Member
I wouldn't cry victory yet. She will no doubt try and tack on amendments to other bills that accomplish the same thing. Although I still highly doubt that those will pass either. I am also happy to report my PMR-30 came in yesterday! Assault pistols for all!

UncleDan

Established Member
I wouldn't cry victory yet. She will no doubt try and tack on amendments to other bills that accomplish the same thing.

Absolutely. She is a corrupt bitch and will fight to pass her crap through till her last breath.

Speaking of which, she's got to be pushing 80 by now. We can only keep our fingers crossed...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wouldn't cry victory yet. She will no doubt try and tack on amendments to other bills that accomplish the same thing. Although I still highly doubt that those will pass either. I am also happy to report my PMR-30 came in yesterday! Assault pistols for all!

This

Shell prolly try to backend it on something else.

Artie1957

Banned
What she thinks- "All black guns will be turned in on an all out ban". "I have saved the world".
Reality- only people that are up to no good will have them.
And if she can't see this she's fricken' dumber than a box of rocks!

DefCon3

Established Member
I wouldn't celebrate just yet. The plan is to break up the gun control bill into a series of smaller bills, each of which will be pushed separately. The current bill still features bans on high-capacity (over 10 round) magazines. The gun-grabbers hope to get all the bills passed, even by Democrats up for re-election in states where gun rights are popular.

slidai

Established Member
For real. What a crazy bitch. How dare she try and pass legislation. Who does she think she is? A politician or something? Crazy.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Hopefully the idiot panic buyers go away soon & prices will go back to normal so I can buy ammo & mags again. I just looked on Ammo To Go and a 50 round box of Federal .40 S&W HP is $50 LOL WTF GFY. That shit is normally around $20.

Last edited:

slidai

Established Member
Hopefully the idiot panic buyers go away soon & prices will go back to normal so I can buy ammo & mags again. I just looked on Ammo To Go and a 50 round box of Federal .40 S&W HP is $50 LOL WTF GFY. That shit is normally around $20.

Things must be different here in nc because all my neighbors are firing off rounds like its a Chinese holiday outside. There seems to be no shortage of ammo here. The guy behind my house has fired off over 150 rounds since 8:34 when he woke me up shooting.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
Things must be different here in nc because all my neighbors are firing off rounds like its a Chinese holiday outside. There seems to be no shortage of ammo here. The guy behind my house has fired off over 150 rounds since 8:34 when he woke me up shooting.

He probably reloads ammo, but even the bullets and primers are hard to come by right now.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

No he didnt, and youre just making up bullshit now.

slidai

Established Member
No he didnt, and youre just making up bullshit now.

Ohh im sorry, i was unaware you were in the bed next to me. Please princess, stop with the asshattery. Trust me, you are not worth the time it would take to make up a lie. He fired over 200 rounds before it was over. He and the two people across the river, shoot all the time it seems like. Realistically its probably no more then two times a week but it seems like more.

VictorySong

Established Member
Who cares about an unenforceable AWB? The background checks were the problem.

ETA: 150rds in the morning isn't shit. That isn't even one belt. I'd love to have you as my butthurt neighbor and show you what a shooting session really sounds like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread