Finally ran the 01

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
So ran the 01 today. Got three 13.9 passes. I have no second gear and was running on 275-40-17 nitto 555 tires. Track is at 4500 ft above sea level but the air was nice and cool. Track has horrible prep, best 60 foot was 2.30 and is slightly up hill. Over all not bad for stock boost. Can't wait to get the new trans and more boost plus a sticky tire.

Stupidity brought to you by Tapatalk

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Yes plain and simple. It got better as the night went on but not "right". This track as always sucked for prep. But its the only track here. And if you have 3000 to give mr ill get a new trans.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Haha!

Hey, we never said it was a bad time, or a good idea to run with no second.

However, wild man status-level 9.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Haha I have driven 4000 with the busted tranny. I figure it would have broken by now if it was going to. First pass I spin the whole time I was in third sawing at the wheel then shut it down at redline in 3rd. Still ran a 15.4/5 coasting through the lights. No one wanted to race me either. I lost to en Evo that ran 13.6 but he beat me by a fender and I got him on the RT. (So timing is messed up). He had full 3 inch exhaust, intake and a tune w/ two step launch. One of the stock 5.0 6 speed guys was quite surprised when I told him that I didnt have second haha.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Gotta really test it. Not as bad as y brother trying to break the o2o trans attached to the 1.8t in his mk1 vw.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Haha!

Hey, we never said it was a bad time, or a good idea to run with no second.

However, wild man status-level 9.

Yea, I can not wait to get it fixed. Hopefully getting a brand new Richmond Gear T56 Magnum w/ triple syncros on 1-4 and double on 5-6. May upgrade to a McLeod Twin Disk while I am at it (running a Ram single I believe right now). Going get some 275-45-17 ET Street tires, a new throttle body and intake, a 2.76 pulley w/ snub idler, and a new tune. Should be running mid 12's here and low-mid 11's back home in MD where they prep great and have a DA of like 500 all the time.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread