Finally raced a Viper...and won!!

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Went to the track this past weekend to knock some rust off my gear-bangin' skills. Got my first 11-sec ET on the first run...finally!!! It was only 11.98, but still counts (w/ 1.98 60'). Next couple runs got worse as track conditions went south. Temps were dropping and all the freakin grocery getters were wearing down the sticky track prep. While getting in line for my 4th and final run I noticed a Viper pulling up in the lane behind me. It looked like a new model but I don't know the year. Not wanting to waste an excellent opportunity I went over to the owner (young guy in late 20's?) and asked if he would mind running me. After some discussion he obliged and we were racing! When we went to stage there was some turd of a race car taking his time doing a burnout (past the lights) and staging. This gave the crowd ample opportunity to take notice of the impending lineup. The Viper was arguably the car with the greatest 'cool factor' that night so as we were starting to stage the cameras started flashing. I looked over and pretty much every spectator was staring us down. I could just imagine most everyone expecting the Dodge to tear me a new one. I wasn't nervous, but was terrified of making an error so I concentrated on the launch and shifting. As the lights went green I was off, beating him at the tree, 60'...everywhere!!! I went a (traction limited) [email protected] to his (tire frying) [email protected]! Seems like he might have tried to launch too hard after seeing me pull away and spun too much. I asked later if he missed a gear and he said he didn't just that the track was slick. I agreed (they were mopping my lane before the run). So I thanked him for the run and went home smiling from ear to ear. Just wish I had mounted my video camera in the car for this trip (I usually do). Oh well, it made my weekend anyway :-D

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Damn you :fm:

I swear revenge on my fallen brother, lol :lol1: :lol:

Good kill :thumbsup: :burnout:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
yes that is awesome I had a simliar experience yet... I didnt beat the viper becuase of traction problems but he only beat me by a car... it was a 04 srt 10 that I raced... well good kill Terminators are meant to go From a STOP!

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
30th T/A said:
good kill! beating a viper is always awesome.

+1

I still get giddy when I beat them because I remember them being this uber fast car before I got my cobra. :beer: :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread