finally put the chin spoiler on..

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
looks ok i guess.. except that when i got it, it had a dent in the middle of it.. i let it sit in the sun 2 days before installing

chin.jpg

zPipes

Established Member
Hey man, funny you post this. I got mine yesterday in the mail, WTH is with folding the dam thing up in a box? I also thought it would be more of a tougher hard plastic, seems very cheaply made.

I have mine sitting out to see if it will 'unbend' itself. Pictures are hard to tell with something like this, how do you like the looks? Would you suggest it for others? Would you do it again? Im going to install it very carefully so if I dont like it I should be able to return it.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
They are folded in a box to keep the shipping costs down. Any set of install directions, regardless of the exact make of it, will tell you it needs to be laid out for at least a day or so in the heat to return to form.

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
its ok.. i think it fits the gt bumper better than the cobra.. but it definately gives it a more agressive lower look.. i would recomend it if you order it and pay the extra shipping to not have it folded.. but hey, i just wanted a different look for the front cuz i thought my cars front end looked kind of wimpy.. this adds some aggression to it just my 2 cents :beer:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
its ok.. i think it fits the gt bumper better than the cobra.. but it definately gives it a more agressive lower look.. i would recomend it if you order it and pay the extra shipping to not have it folded.. but hey, i just wanted a different look for the front cuz i thought my cars front end looked kind of wimpy.. this adds some aggression to it just my 2 cents :beer:

Yes it does look good :beer: but I am a fan of the bumper alone with nothing on it. They are pretty aggressive looking to begin with. I think if I go with one it will be a 03/04 Chin :beer:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Looks great man! What'd you use to fasten yours? I used bolts and washers and there's gaps between it and the bumper that drive me nuts.

zPipes

Established Member
I really want to go with a Cobra R front, after 5 years I am gettin a cowl hood put on it. Im a big fan of sticking with the correct badging though. I dont want to put a complete Cobra R kit on it, or Saleen kit, its an 01 Cobra, not either of those. Just my old school opinion there.

I do have bullitt replicas and now a Cobra R cowl hood(the 95 style) and also a chin spoiler waiting to be put on, so its actually slowly losing its original style :eek:(

edswhite99

Established Member
I used bolts and washers too. It fit nicely but after about a year being on the car it's looks a little beat up and frayed along the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread