Finally Purchased Some Race Ramps

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I looked real hard a race ramps and was ready to buy some to replace my Rhinos, until I saw a this:

www.kwik-lift.com

Christmas gift to myself. Be tool purchase I've made for my single garage.

Well now, that is just awesome. Whats the price ranges?

Edit: nevermind, just found pricing...

Last edited:

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Well now, that is just awesome. Whats the price ranges?

Edit: nevermind, just found pricing...

I was literally about to hit the submit payment and buy one new a few weeks ago, until I had the wild thought to search real quick for a used one. They are very popular with the Corvette crowd, and I figured Navy town, Corvettes everywhere, maybe there's one nearby.............

Hidden on craigslist, misspelled with a Q and no picture there it was, 3 day old ad. Called the guy ASAP, and snagged it up for $600 in excellent condition after our conversation. Drove 10 min from my house to pick it up. Previous owner was an older guy (60ish) that sold his Factory 5 Cobra kit car and didn't need it anymore.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I was literally about to hit the submit payment and buy one new a few weeks ago, until I had the wild thought to search real quick for a used one. They are very popular with the Corvette crowd, and I figured Navy town, Corvettes everywhere, maybe there's one nearby.............

Hidden on craigslist, misspelled with a Q and no picture there it was, 3 day old ad. Called the guy ASAP, and snagged it up for $600 in excellent condition after our conversation. Drove 10 min from my house to pick it up. Previous owner was an older guy (60ish) that sold his Factory 5 Cobra kit car and didn't need it anymore.

That was awesome deal.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The thing with the 67" ramps....

It still looks like a 10.8* angle. The longer ramps go up 10", rather than 8".

So if my math is right here. It wouldnt really make any difference.

It be best to buy the extenders

I'm just about ready to purchase a kit for myself so I've been reading a lot

It's best just to buy the custom 2 piece 72 inch ramps like I have instead of spending extra money on the extenders. The initial angle is 6.8 degrees.
http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html#!/72-2-Stage-Incline-Ramps/p/19734931/category=4689749

IMAG0115_zps9eddf675.jpg

IMAG0119_zps9c8c9f6f.jpg

IMAG0120_zps7b68b995.jpg

IMAG0124_zpsd9b85888.jpg

Last edited:

03 VENOM

Established Member
Do you guys think my Cobra will scrape if I use the 56" ramps ? I have stock ride height.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you guys think my Cobra will scrape if I use the 56" ramps ? I have stock ride height.

If they do you could always buy extenders. I wanted to make damn sure and went with custom 72".

03 VENOM

Established Member
This pic is from Summit Racing. Supposed to be the 56" ramp. I'd probably get a couple 2x4 if it's gonna scrape.

VsnmTwU.jpg

EYG03COBRA

Established Member
Stock ride height you should be okay....

I ended up having to order the extenders, since mine is lowered.

I honestly like the 56's with extenders better. Not as long for easier storage, and I don't need the extenders with other vehicles.

03 VENOM

Established Member
Can I just store my new race ramps on the concrete garage floor ?

Just wanted to make sure. They're kinda expensive. I always heard that it's not good for car tires to sit on the garage floor. Should put pieces of carpet under the tires.

Users who are viewing this thread