Finally pullied the cobra

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Finally did a pulley. Been running stock boost with a JLT CAI, decided to go with a 2.93 billet flow with Idler pulley , I went with the 2.93 because I wanted to be on the conservative side. I also used a Dayco 74.5 inch belt because I heard it whistles. Well it defiantly does, sounds just like a centrifugal SC. Sounds cool. The pulley defiantly made a large power increase especially noticeable in the middle of the rpm range my poor rear tires couldn’t hook up in second at all. Time for some new tires now :rockon:

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
I actually had a tune already from RWTD several months ago , he said since it was tuned thru the MAF that re-tune would not be necessary unless I did a ported blower and 2.76 where I would need a maf extender.

MustangThief

Established Member
Put it on the dyno to make sure your A/F is good.

You're running on a mail order tune now right? Even if it's a reputable tuner, i'd still put it on a dyno to know for yourself, for sure, that the A/F is good.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member

You're running on a mail order tune now right? Even if it's a reputable tuner, i'd still put it on a dyno to know for yourself, for sure, that the A/F is good.

x1000 take NO chances

MustangThief

Established Member
Also, with my mods, my Nitto 555R's have held up extremely well under the torque.

Now... after the port/2lb lower I might be singing a different tune, but overall they have hooked great, reduced wheel hop, and still drive great in the rain.

Definitely worth the money.

After the next round of mods I may have to switch to ET streets...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

x10,0000

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
so a different type of belt makes it whistle?...interesting..can you get a video clip?

Users who are viewing this thread