Finally part of the AR club. Pics inside

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I went to the shop today expecting to walk out with a GSG-5 carbine. After holding it it felt kinda cheap and I didn't like the way it fit in my hands.

The guy mentioned that they have AR15s on sale this month so he got my attention. Ended up walking out with a 16" CMMG flat top. Out the door after tax it was just under $800.

So does anyone know where to get .223 without taking out a second mortgage? :shrug:

03blowngt

Established Member
AR 15's are the shit! My friend had two of them at one point.I killed a possum with one. (back when you didnt have to give up your left nut for .223 rds) Beautiful rifle btw

Last edited:

slick4_6

Established Member
Palmetto State Armory has 1k rnds of Wolf for $260 and 1k of PMC for $340. They also have 200 rnd packs of PRVI steel core for $88. All are in stock. I have ordered several different things from them in the past and they always ship stuff out fast. I would pick up a couple Magpul Pmags while you are at. They are the best you can buy. They are polymer but you can drive a car over them and not hurt them. The window version lets you see approximately how many rounds are left in the mag. They are listed at $17 but when you put them in your cart they drop to $15.34 right now but I don't know how long their special will last.

Ammunition, Magazines, Rifle Parts and Accessories

txyaloo

Established Member
+1 They suck. I have bought some stuff from them but bullets and mags are overpriced from them.

They lost my business when they raised prices 150-200% on most items as soon as the election was called for Obama.

On top of that, they are in Texas, and I have to pay sales tax on everything.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Do not shoot Wolf through that. Steel casings will most likely void any warranty the gun has. The only gun I shot Wolf through is my AK47s.

Your best bet to buy in bulk.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
i use ammo man. Looks like a nice rifle. Got any idea on optics or some good mags? Any kinda rail system?

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
nice rifle. im not familiar with cmmg but the gun looks nice and 800 aint bad considering i had to pay double that for my bushmaster here in NY. have fun :beer:

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
i use ammo man. Looks like a nice rifle. Got any idea on optics or some good mags? Any kinda rail system?

I haven't been able to figure that out yet. Definitely gonna do a quad rail but I'm not sure about the optics. I can add flip up rear sights, but there's so many different options as far as optics. Red dot, reflex, scope, ACOG, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread