Finally part of the 13/14 club!

SVT_28

Established Member
Hey guys,

As my title says, I finally got my 2014 GT500. I came from a 2010 GT500 which I enjoyed, but a 13/14 GT500 was always the goal! I've been reading these forums for a while now, but figured it was time to make an account as I'm sure I will have questions and need opinions on certain things. My signature has details about the car. I got it with about 3000 miles, which is nice. Going from a 2010 to a 2014 is like night and day. So much more power and its amazing!! But you guys already know that! Just wanted to drop in and say hey to everyone!

Ablaze

Established Member
Big congratulations! I know the feeling, really love my 14. Absolutely time for some pictures and good luck with that DC traffic..

Vegasgold

Established Member
Hey guys,

As my title says, I finally got my 2014 GT500. I came from a 2010 GT500 which I enjoyed, but a 13/14 GT500 was always the goal! I've been reading these forums for a while now, but figured it was time to make an account as I'm sure I will have questions and need opinions on certain things. My signature has details about the car. I got it with about 3000 miles, which is nice. Going from a 2010 to a 2014 is like night and day. So much more power and its amazing!! But you guys already know that! Just wanted to drop in and say hey to everyone!

Wait until you add a tune, pulley, cai and tb. Now that thing accelerates fast. Enjoy...P.S tires, suspension, etc, etc....lol...

Fendbass22

Established Member
You're going to love it. I got mine almost 2 months ago and I can't believe how much I love this car. So glad I saved up to get a 2013/2014. The amount of attention I get in my area is nuts. You'd think I was driving a Lambo.

Oh - and EVERYONE is going to try to race or keep up with you. I've had more STi and Camaros then most other enthusiast cars. Doesn't matter how much I display that I am not interested they are always very persistent. Oddly enough the most people riding my ass at 15mph over are middle-aged men in SUVs. I can't understand that one.

SVT_28

Established Member
I will work on some pictures along with figuring out how to post. I haven't even washed it yet! Told the dealership not to detail it either. I just bought some products from AMMO NYC, so hopefully they work well. Already have the roush side and rear splitters ordered. At some point, suspension will be next along with tires...and possibly rims or powder coating the SVTPP rims. But, I will work on some pictues! And as for DC traffic, its terrible but I live on the outskirts so I avoid DC (potholes!) and have a short commute to work!

Last edited:

SVT_28

Established Member
Wait until you add a tune, pulley, cai and tb. Now that thing accelerates fast. Enjoy...P.S tires, suspension, etc, etc....lol...

I will be interested in the 13-6 kit eventually, but at the moment the power is more than enough! Once I become more accustomed to it, Im sure I will want it. As I stated just now, I want suspension mods, possibly BMR with eibach springs. I had MPSS on my last GT500 but may look for a different tire, when that comes about.

SVT_28

Established Member
You're going to love it. I got mine almost 2 months ago and I can't believe how much I love this car. So glad I saved up to get a 2013/2014. The amount of attention I get in my area is nuts. You'd think I was driving a Lambo.

Oh - and EVERYONE is going to try to race or keep up with you. I've had more STi and Camaros then most other enthusiast cars. Doesn't matter how much I display that I am not interested they are always very persistent. Oddly enough the most people riding my ass at 15mph over are middle-aged men in SUVs. I can't understand that one.

Haha, those middle-aged men in SUVs do the same here as well! I love driving it so much already. I found myself on my days off just driving around with no purpose just to drive. And the best part of work is driving there and back! hah

Side note- its obvious I don't know how to quote and address multiple people in one post, anyone can explain how to do that, it would help!

Fendbass22

Established Member
Haha, those middle-aged men in SUVs do the same here as well! I love driving it so much already. I found myself on my days off just driving around with no purpose just to drive. And the best part of work is driving there and back! hah

Side note- its obvious I don't know how to quote and address multiple people in one post, anyone can explain how to do that, it would help!

I drive 45k miles a year in a work truck so some days I wouldn't want to drive whatever engine swapped car I was currently running. It was always work. It's honestly what I like most about this car. If you want the power it's there. If you want to drive it like a civic and just cruise around you can.

Eleanor14

Established Member
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your Shelby...Looks like you got the right options. Now let's see how long you can go without modding her :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread