Finally out of the 12s

v8stang

Established Member
Went to the track last night despite it being 71%+ humidity... and 1910 DA
Last time out I was already on the koolaid but was using a WOT box to powershift. After talking to Shaun about it, he advised against it.

Well, tonight car hit a best of 11.97 @ 114. It might not seem fast for most of you, but this is in Texas heat. Most guys are trapping 5-8 mph lower right now.

Car is in the 1.63-65's consistently. Suspension is just BMR springs with relocation brackets. Other than that, just the h pipe and aed tune.
Hoping for some mid 11s once it gets cool down here. Especially with the e85 tune thats waiting to be uploaded :rockon:

Best 60' of the night was 1.63 and best 1/8 was 7.60 @ 91.08
On to slip and video

20130905_015433_zpsc9cd4433.jpg

[youtube_browser]9FOp0n729dc[/youtube_browser]

D.T.R

Established Member
Nice dude.
Same thing here bro, temps are in the high 80s even at night, and humidity always above 80%... it's gross. It does hurt your et/trap... good times regardless.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Good pass. Slicks, skinnies, ORH, and tune and in the 11s? Not bad at all.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I did it on street tires! lol

OP I am a constant 11.9-12.0 car but on the street tires it cuts a 1.8 60' lmao

Great pass man.

Cool story bro. Make a thread about it. OP also has less mods than what you list in your sig.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Cool story bro. Make a thread about it. OP also has less mods than what you list in your sig.
We have the same mods(I have a X pipe not H) and to be fair he has MORE with the tire setup. I was trying to show a difference in air, I failed at making that clear. :dw:

Dave_6

Established Member
Congrats OP, that is impressive!

I've got a Lethal h-pipe on the way for mine so hopefully I can do the same once I get a tune from Shaun.

slo-5.0

Established Member
Went to the track last night despite it being 71%+ humidity... and 1910 DA
Last time out I was already on the koolaid but was using a WOT box to powershift. After talking to Shaun about it, he advised against it.

Well, tonight car hit a best of 11.97 @ 114. It might not seem fast for most of you, but this is in Texas heat. Most guys are trapping 5-8 mph lower right now.

Car is in the 1.63-65's consistently. Suspension is just BMR springs with relocation brackets. Other than that, just the h pipe and aed tune.
Hoping for some mid 11s once it gets cool down here. Especially with the e85 tune thats waiting to be uploaded :rockon:

Best 60' of the night was 1.63 and best 1/8 was 7.60 @ 91.08
On to slip and video

20130905_015433_zpsc9cd4433.jpg

[youtube_browser]9FOp0n729dc[/youtube_browser]

badass time bro, what are you launching at?

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
v8stang, am i reading correct that you stopped powershifting and lifted off the gas between shifts? I made a thread on that topic a week or so ago, as you posted on it. anyways, congrats on making it to the 11 second side. I just got my final tune from aed yesterday, and im counting down til friday night when i can see just what it did versus my oBama tune...

v8stang

Established Member
Thanks guys. I had a huge smile all the way home. First run of the night was a 12.01 lol Then I had a couple that should have been 11s but I kept missing 3rd. I'll probably order an mgw soon

badass time bro, what are you launching at?
Thanks, I have the 2 step at 6k. Its spinning, but cutting the best 60'. Tires at 15psi
I might try 28s

v8stang, am i reading correct that you stopped powershifting and lifted off the gas between shifts? I made a thread on that topic a week or so ago, as you posted on it. anyways, congrats on making it to the 11 second side. I just got my final tune from aed yesterday, and im counting down til friday night when i can see just what it did versus my oBama tune...

Yeah, tried my hand at quick shifting. I think I did decent. Shaun had said not to powershift with the n2mb wot box I have. Something about missfires. I think he said it was ok to power shift with his tune though. Something about it being easier.
Didn't try it though.

Good luck on friday. I'll be filling up on e85 here soon and making it back out next week, hopefully.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
what are you shifting at? Im really stumped on your mph. We have the same power making mods, except i have some noisy mufflers from steeda and a drop in K&N. On bama i was 116, had 117 once (last week). We 60' the same. Have you done the clutch line upgrade?

v8stang

Established Member
I expected higher mph as well. The DA calculator puts me at 116
Im shifting at 7000. I think shaun mentioned shifting at 6700 on his runs. I know most other guys are at 7400-7600

No clutch line upgrade. Theres a couple of other guys that have gone 117 and are trapping around 112 with similar mods. They say the heat is killing them. Im 3 hrs south of san antonio

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
Im same DA as you give or take 100 ft, im on the east side of houston. I shift at 68-6900. On the bama setup, shaun said i was gettin knock. Im curious if you had the same when he did your datalogs. My order of mods from when i got the car (feb 22, 2013) was drag radials for stock wheels. 12.6@110 first time out in march (pussyfootin the launch). Bama SCT Tune at end of march, 12.2@112 (little more aggressive at launch). April, Lethal Hpipe and Steeda Axleback installed and upon launch, clutch pedal stuck to the floor killing my times. Promptly installed the line and removed pedal spring. Next time out 12.0@115 (May, DA 1100) 60' was better and it just plain shifted better. In june I got the RT-S setup with old Hoosier QTPs, Ran 11.87@116 (DA 2300). Bought new slicks, ran 11.74@116 (DA 1950) at the beginning of August. Now I am AED tuned and I can not wait to do it up tomorrow night!

Point being, get that clutch line on there and shift at the points shaun says to and I believe your times will improve!

03dsgdreams

Established Member
v8stang, am i reading correct that you stopped powershifting and lifted off the gas between shifts? I made a thread on that topic a week or so ago, as you posted on it. anyways, congrats on making it to the 11 second side. I just got my final tune from aed yesterday, and im counting down til friday night when i can see just what it did versus my oBama tune...[/QUOTE

Sorry to get off topic here but i would love to see some pics of your car. That pic in your sig looks sick!
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread