Finally my cervinis cobra r hood will be delivered monday.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
After a 6 week wait i finally got confirmation it was shipped friday and will be here monday. Anyone who has received one , how big is the box? Will the old hood fit in the box so i can transport it safely to my storage facility? I have a 3 day weekend this upcoming week so i will install it then. Also i have a cervinis lower chin spoiler that fits directly over the stock front chin spoiler. Cant wait , both pieces should really set the car off!

Last edited:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I received mine in February pre-painted received it with a rock chip and my gf signed for it since I was on a business trip. I finally got it fixed and installed this Saturday. They took forever to have a solution for me I had to call them once a week and ask for an update. Pain in the ass I got quotes and they didn't want to pay for it for they gave me about $100 less then what I was quoted. I now need to purchase new hood struts my Red line ones don't work, the MRT ones aren't strong enough to hold the hood up looks like Im going to spend $160 on cervini's ones.

The box is huge

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I already the mounted my stock hood holder till i figure out the hood strut situation! I have redlines now !

Last edited:

jojobee

Established Member
Lol, i ordered from AM and got the hood unpainted 3 days later last week with a 10% off :)

I contacted Redline trying to use my current hood struts but apparently the kit for adtermarket hood 89$ (21-11016) will do the job.

Havent looked at the Cervini ones but that seem expensive.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Box size.

image_zps813e55d3.jpg

Nuar

Established Member
Sweet! Now quit teasing and show whats in the box! :-D

HAHA! That's what HE said^
LOL

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Update: i have removed the hood from the box! I will be installing the hood and chin spoiler this weekend! No sense on taking pics till im done!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
No i didn't, I don't like the fact that you have to rivet the the new mounts on the new hood. Sticking with the old hood prop!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
This hood is heavier then the stock hood by about 10lbs. I was actually surprised how light the stock hood is!

jojobee

Established Member
No i didn't, I don't like the fact that you have to rivet the the new mounts on the new hood. Sticking with the old hood prop!

I still have the old style Redline struts than needed rivet on my car, apparently the same setup is fine on the Cervini. Does it look to you that the hood could crack or not be strong enough for these brackets ?

Users who are viewing this thread