Finally my 07 Shelby!!!

MoneyAMG

Established Member
I'm super stoked about buying my first shelby (22yrs old) lol. The car already has an aftermarket stage 3 clutch, long tubes and mid pipe also full suspension. Need advice on any MUST HAVE MODS for the car. I also would like to see pics of everyone's 07-09 with aftermarket wheels I need ideas for my car Thank you all!!

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
I'm super stoked about buying my first shelby (22yrs old) lol. The car already has an aftermarket stage 3 clutch, long tubes and mid pipe also full suspension. Need advice on any MUST HAVE MODS for the car. I also would like to see pics of everyone's 07-09 with aftermarket wheels I need ideas for my car Thank you all!!

Is it your Daily-driver or not? (Mine is) Key question, esp for a 22 y\o, I'm 26 but I got the 2012 as it had "most" of the kinks worked out + aluminum block.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Get used to the car starting out, I got my first Shelby when I was 20 with 577 to the wheels and it was a little bit of a handful at first, but anyways BUY new tires that are not Goodyears... You are taking your cars and your own life in your hands with those tires. Buy a round of nittos or michael ins and enjoy the car. The sub $1,000 you will spend on tires will save you multiple thousands from the body shop or insurance rates.. Enjoy it though man, the car is a game changer you will love it.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Congrats! First thing I would do is get some pics up for us the see! Next, make sure there is an engine shot in there so we can see what other obvious mods there are. Chances are, if they did headers then they did other stuff as well to boost the power. It's just a matter of finding everything they did before you start buying parts.

Red10thcv

Established Member
Beware of Mod Fever.

Depends on the money to be $pent?
Daily drive or Weekend cruiser.
Take it slow and buy mods that you can afford.
Enjoy the ride and the learning process!
VMP/JLT packages make plenty of HP.

For me: cold air package, pulley, gears, shifter, springs, tires.
Are you doing the work yourself or taking it to a shop?

bFoxGt500

Established Member
Agreeing with the suggestions of getting used to the car before adding any serious mods. Drive it, enjoy it, get the feel for it and you'll get to the point where you think you know what you want to do next.

Rail1

Established Member
After you drive it for 6 months or so go Big with Kenne Bell 2.8LC.

mavisky

Established Member
Congrats, I'd strongly suggest picking up the later model 08-09 crank balancer and ditching that problem hanging off the front of your engine. You can get it from any number of vendors or straight from Ford.

Kewlv8

Established Member

If you do not have a NAV, install a aftermarket head unit w/ Bluetooth. I use the phone much more than I use my NAV. Like others have said, just save for a TVS. For wheels, I would look at 19's or 18's. The BOSS wheels would be a great way to go. Here is mine on 2010 SVT style rims. 18's with 315's on the rear. Enjoy

315s-2.jpg

MoneyAMG

Established Member
Thank you guys so much it is not my daily driver. I have a little honda and I don't know how to post pictures can anyone help me

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Congrats on the new purchase! Agree with what someone else said. Skip the pulley and save for a TVS.

Nsssane1

Established Member
I'm in Memphis!! Maybe see you over at the Bartlett car show!! I can definitely give you tips, and tell you anything about your car.

MoneyAMG

Established Member
I'm in Memphis!! Maybe see you over at the Bartlett car show!! I can definitely give you tips, and tell you anything about your car.

Dude that would be AWESOME!!! I would really appreciate that we have a mustang vs camaro night at the track this Friday. You should come

Users who are viewing this thread