Finally MSRP Will be released!

2veloce

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
ford isnt building a car for the consumers, they are building it for there selves. a car like those will not only sell out but also suck people into dealerships, which is what ford needs right now. look at all the damn publicity this thing is getting. if they could stick shelby, roush, and saleen badges on this at once, they would.

+1

Viperluke

Established Member
Why is Ford playing hide and seek with the MSRP? May 31st!? Aren't they going to start building the cars the first part of June?
Release the price already!

venams03

Established Member
Viperluke said:
Why is Ford playing hide and seek with the MSRP? May 31st!? Aren't they going to start building the cars the first part of June?
Release the price already!

That's exactly what I've been thinking. What do they possibly gain by hiding MSRP? I thought JOB 1 was sometime Mid-June. What's the big deal about releasing the sticker price?

07 Shelby

Established Member
I have to agree with Portside that most Ford/Mustang fans Do want to see the Shelby name on the car.
When I sold my 88' 5.0, in 92', I said that if Ford ever brought out another Shelby I'd buy one. I really never thought they would. Shelby was pretty tight with Chrysler back then.
Now before someone goes off calling me a peep, wanabee, babyboomer, yuppie, destroyer of the Mustang name, etc... I'm a Canadian buying at MSRP and I work in a factory. :rockon:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
my 02 cents is this. if you want a mustang with the shelby name buy it. if you want a regular mustang buy it. if you don't want to pay more than msrp, no one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy it. if you want to build your own high hp new mustang do it. i'll stick to my vehicles, and if the new look grows on me, then i'll decide on what to buy next if i have the cash.

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
There was NO Cobra without Shelby.
So like any of the big three they'd be calling your Cobra a Zebra and wonder why people didn't like the name. :lol1:

stang22

Established Member
rocknrod said:
So like any of the big three they'd be calling your Cobra a Zebra and wonder why people didn't like the name. :lol1:
Absolutely!!! Shelby be the MAN!!! The young'ns haven't figured that out yet! lol!! :beer:

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
portside said:
"It's also my opinion that Newby posters to a forum shouldn't lash out at veteran posters who've been hanging out on this board for over 4 years!"

I am not lashing out at anyone. Send my post to the moderator and see what he or she says. Lets ask the moderator if new users are welcome to post. Until the moderator tells me this is your private forum, I will post as I see fit. Hangin on a forum for 4 years does not make your posts any more relevent, or make you a truer enthusiast.

The Shelby name helped make the early cars legends, and it will work similar magic on the new GT500. I have an 03 Cobra, and I am constantly surprised by the people who didn't even know the supercharged cobras existed. Conversely, I am constantly surprised by the numerous people who are aware of the new Shelby GT500s, even people who I had no idea liked cars. I simply disagree with your assertion that Ford fans do not want the Shelby name on the new GT500. It seems very much like you are bashing Ford and Shelby on the production of the coolest Mustang ever.

Coolest mustang ever? That remains to be seen and that would also depend on the person you talk too.

Fourcam330

Established Member
rocknrod said:

The reality of the situation is that CS didn't do a thing for the new car.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
stang22 said:
Absolutely!!! Shelby be the MAN!!! The young'ns haven't figured that out yet! lol!! :beer:

Maybe back in the 60's but this latest car has nothing from him except his name. The motors design was already in use, be it in 03/04 Cobra form or GT supercar. The blown mod motor started in the 2003 Cobra, not the 2007 Shelby. Same goes for the 6spd tranny.
I'm all for bringing back the old lables but to say this is his design is BS. :nonono:

Viperluke

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
The reality of the situation is that CS didn't do a thing for the new car.

Exactly. Except probably add a couple grand to the sticker price...and increase the initial dealer markups.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
Personally, I think the Shelby name is a more fitting name for this Mustang, being that its design pays homage to those Mustangs from the 60's. I may be in my early 30's, but I grew up in a household full of Shelby Mustangs (66 GT350, 67 GT500, and 68 GT500) and to me, and many others like me, a "Cobra" is a car with 2 seats, came with either a 289 or 427, and hasn't been made for over 40 years.

Thats just my opinion. I never felt right calling the Mustang a "Cobra". I do understand however, how those who were never exposed to the history of Mustangs, Shelby's, and Cobra's would consider the 93-04 Cobras the real Cobras.

I'm a fan of the new car, the new design, and the new name. I hope to put an 08 in my garage if I'm lucky.

2 tone

The production number is not fixed before production begins. It will and does change according to market demand and other economic and fabrication factors.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
BWH2003 said:
Anyone care to get back on topic and figure out what msrp is or when it will actually be released?

well you can't figure it out, you can only speculate, so not much of a point of getting back on topic at this time

Users who are viewing this thread