Finally!!! Made it out to the track!

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
As some of you know I've been have problems with my 96 as of late. So ALL season long I haven't been to the track! Monday I told myself I was going to take my 99 out to see what it has. Well I was pretty impressed. I really like the way the car handled at the track. Especially because its on a stock suspension (with the exception of lowering springs). This car def has low 12's in it. I only had 2 passes which kind of sucked. I know I should probably be posting on the new edge forum but I never really post there.

The day started a little shitty cause when I left I saw that I had two tires that had lost air on my trailer. So I had to stop at Discount Tire and get 4 new tires:fm: that sucked.
IMG_9229.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

When I finally made it to the track I had a blast:dancenana:. Again, I only got 2 runs in and my last one was at like 11:45 so it got really late on me.
IMG_9255.jpg

photo2-2.jpg
photo22.jpg

This is my little helper being a sport even though it was way past her bedtime.
IMG_9270.jpg

Here are a couple of videos.

[ame=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v471/BMF42/?action=view&current=firstrun.flv]This was my First Run[/ame]

[ame=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v471/BMF42/?action=view&current=secondrun.flv]This was my Second Run[/ame]

[ame=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v471/BMF42/?action=view&current=04Cobra.flv]04Cobra[/ame]

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Two Cobras and a super Duty:dancenana: Nice runs:beer:

Well 1 Cobra and 1 broken Cobra:nonono: I can't wait till I'm able to get my 96 back out to the track! The 99 will definitley do for now. I can't wait till I get a suspension on it:dancenana:.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
nice runs, I finally got my car out on the track as well, you did much better than me though....what gears are in the 99?

19Mystic96

Established Member
great times man! love the super duty too..

maybe i missed something, but whats done to the 99?

and sucks to hear about the 96.. whats up with that thing?

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
great times man! love the super duty too..

maybe i missed something, but whats done to the 99?

and sucks to hear about the 96.. whats up with that thing?

The 99 has an Eaton swap with a stock pulley on it. I'm seeing 8 pounds right now. It also has longtubes and full exhaust. Your typical power mods with no suspension :whine: Once my suspension is put in we'll see what it can do:dancenana:.

With my 96 something (probably a screw) fell in the in the lower intake somehow while doing a simple IMRC Delete install. I think I'm having a fuel issue as well. It'll start up but it has a really bad misfire right now. My engine was a little tired too. I can't wait till I start the shortblock up.

nice runs, I finally got my car out on the track as well, you did much better than me though....what gears are in the 99?

4.10s on a SRA. I still need a posi unit though.

Nice times but why the trailer?:poke:

Well the track is an hour and half away from my house. If I brake something that's a long tow home. Especially with me not having a built rear. I initially had it for my 96. I usually go to the track once every 2 to 3 weeks.

Al

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Looks great man. As soon as i get mine running id love to get up to 131!

Let me know when you're ready. I'll probably be back there early or mid September. I'm looking for some LCA's, Shocks, and some SFC's:banana:.

John4cam

Established Member
Well the track is an hour and half away from my house. If I brake something that's a long tow home. Especially with me not having a built rear. I initially had it for my 96. I usually go to the track once every 2 to 3 weeks.

Al

Yeah, just bustin your balls man. An hour and a half would be a hefty tow bill.

Users who are viewing this thread