Finally in the 12's!!!

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Well, today I reached my goal for the season up at Cecil County Dragway in MD!!! I broke into the 12's! Only thing I did different was remove the front sway bar. This was with pretty much full weight in my 01. I am happy to have reached my goal for this season. I'll have to start getting her ready for next season over the winter. Here is my best run from today.

TEMP F. 32 DEG
REL HUMID 29
BARO 29.15

R/T .161
60' 1.913
330 5.451
1/8 8.350
MPH 84.28
1000 10.855
1/4 12.951
MPH 108.06

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
Well, today I reached my goal for the season up at Cecil County Dragway in MD!!! I broke into the 12's! Only thing I did different was remove the front sway bar. This was with pretty much full weight in my 01. I am happy to have reached my goal for this season. I'll have to start getting her ready for next season over the winter. Here is my best run from today.

TEMP F. 32 DEG
REL HUMID 29
BARO 29.15

R/T .161
60' 1.913
330 5.451
1/8 8.350
MPH 84.28
1000 10.855
1/4 12.951
MPH 108.06
You ran high 12's with only those mods and stock gears? Your 60' time was awesome! Congrats!!!

99Rio

Established Member
Congrats, that's awesome! What are the Saturdays like up there? I have only been on Friday nights and I very seldom get more that 3 runs in from open to close.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Hersheyman said:
You ran high 12's with only those mods and stock gears? Your 60' time was awesome! Congrats!!!

Thanks Man! I appreciate it! I have been working all season to get there. That was my goal for this year was to break 12's with full weight and stock gears. :)

Rio It was awesome there today!! I got 7 runs in and could have got more if I wanted. Great day to be there!!!

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
Congrats on your time! That's my track goal as well. I should be able to run a 12 the next time that the track is open (which won't be for another 3-1/2 months :bash: ). I wish I had a 12 sec slip to sit there and stare at and help me get through the winter... ;-)

CobraG

Established Member
Hersheyman said:

What do you think he would have ran with 4.30's?

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Nice, Its my goal also to break into the 12's and I think with my nitto drags on now i should be able to post a 12.9 with a good launch.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
I just heated up the tires real good and launched the shit out of it. I didn't powershift at all and almost missed third thanks to my shitty Tranny. So she still has more left in her. You just can't be afraid to dump that clutch and you'll get your 12 second time slip.

I plan on going to 4:30's over the winter time and I already have a set of 03 Cobra Half Shafts in my basement. My goal is to break into the 11's with a full weight, IRS equipped N/A engine. It is possible. I also will probably be switching to a Tremec TKO 600 for next season.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
I just heated up the tires real good and launched the shit out of it. I didn't powershift at all and almost missed third thanks to my shitty Tranny. So she still has more left in her. You just can't be afraid to dump that clutch and you'll get your 12 second time slip.

I plan on going to 4:30's over the winter time and I already have a set of 03 Cobra Half Shafts in my basement. My goal is to break into the 11's with a full weight, IRS equipped N/A engine. It is possible. I also will probably be switching to a Tremec TKO 600 for next season.

with some et streets and that mph you could see 12.6 just as you sit now
i pulled some 1.74 60' times on my old 03 rear that i had in my 99, but for what ever reason my quarter mile times wernt any better.( im not the best driver)
but congrats. i was hoping to hit the 12's this past year too and didnt.
but with the new procharger i should see low 12's this next year if not 11's

J

Users who are viewing this thread