finally!!!!! i can drve my snake legally!!!! have a few questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sckcobra

Established Member
hey all after a lot of trials and tribulations i finally have my snake registered and ready for the road. took me a long time to get it smogged, as ive had the car for two years and have finally found someone to make some um neccesary adjustments;-) and get the thing smogged. went and did that today and also went and dropped off the necessary paperwork at a vehicle registration center by my house. i will have plates and reg in hand tommorow. yayyy finally no more driving around paranoid. anyhow i went and got an oil change from the dealr today. i have not driven too many miles since i got the oil changed, less than 3000, but i figured since it has been about six months i mine as well do so. the oil change before that the tech alerted me that i had coolant in my oil. he said to me the only way that it happens is to blow a head gasket. so of course i freaked out. got on the phone with the shop that tuned my car and his response told me that there is no way that i blew a head gasket that it does not happen in these cars. he then offered to do a leak down compression test to give me piece of mind, for free. took it down there he said that everything had passed with flying colors. cool. fast forward to today, i asked the tech that did the oil change if there was any coolant in the oil as i advised to the service writer to tell him to keep an eye out for it. when i asked the tech he said no everything looks ok but he said he oil was pretty black and had a burnt smell to it. i asked him if this was normal and he told me that it was and the service adviser nodded his head in agreemnet. also a few nights ago i took it out for a spirited romp and checked the oil after i was done and the dipstick read halfway up between min and max. told the service advisor about that as well and he assured that it was normal given that i had just driven it. so i have to ask do you guys seea all of this as being normal or do you think i have some cause for concern????? thanks much

Users who are viewing this thread