Finally had a chance to detail the car.

yngrshr

Established Member
So, first off my car has been coated with CarPro CQuartz for about ten months, now. Maybe nine. I forget. I've used a few different toppers on it (mainly CarPro's Reload) but nothing has seemed to last longer than a couple of months (I got about three months out of a single coating of Reload most of the time and that is without using a car cover and daily driving it so you can see how well it holds up).

Giving Gtechniq's products a try (they claim an eight-month life span and we'll see how true that is).

First off, I washed the car with Optimum No Rinse (although I did rinse).

Applied CarPro's Eraser product to take off any waxes or surfactants left over from ONR (plus it smells heavenly).

Applied five layers of Gtechniq C1.5 Silo Seal (a layerable quartz-based sealant) first. Car was deep and super slick to the touch. Layering it should give it a longer shelf life and it also makes the paint pop quite a bit more as you layer. Some guys use up to 10 layers, but I was told by the Gtechniq guys that after 5 it's overkill.

Next, I applied a single layer of Gtechniq C2V3. This is basically a similar product but with the added durability. The more you layer it, the more it will fill in any swirls or imperfections, as well. After almost a full year of owning the car and going through a few automatic car washes, I have only a minute amount of swirls (I think the CQuartz for that as the only swirls present were there when I put it on -- I didn't paint correct as well as I should have and missed a few spots originally).

I did this all over a period of time to go in and have a drink now and then and relax (I tried to give each layer a bit of time to dry). The products wipe on and wipe off. It's the world's most simple car care product (all of the quartz-based products including the Car Pro stuff is as well). I've said for a while now that I'll never wax again and if the Gtechniq holds up, I'm sure that'll be the case.

So, here's the finished product:

2014-05-29192752_zpse498a019.jpg

2014-05-29192740_zps784c18c9.jpg

2014-05-29192733_zpsa9405a32.jpg

2014-05-29192956_zpsa13dc18a.jpg

Last edited:

yngrshr

Established Member
I have the same car and also just detailed mine today also in NJ I didn't get any shots. Looks good!

Thanks, man. I'm actually out in WV. Still have Jersey tags. Haven't found a reason to switch them out yet.

The best part about these coatings is how low maintenance the car is after using them.

yngrshr

Established Member
Looks great ! The Gtech products are great.

Thanks. And I hope they are as good as advertised. I've been a big Reload guy (and use mostly Car Pro stuff), but the shorter longevity of just a few months wasn't as good.

AdamR@Gotham

Established Member
Keep us posted on how you like it. I have customers going on 2 years with two coats of Exo. 18 months seems to be the average life span for it though.

Users who are viewing this thread