Finally got to a dyno.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
345RWHP on a mustang dyno at around 3500' above sea level. :kaboom:

Current mods are: bassani catted x, M55 catback, WMS CAI, Predator tune.... and some big ass bassani baffles stuffed in the tailpipes to keep the cops away. :(

Anyway, the guy running the dyno said he figured it would actually pull around 360RWHP without the baffles. :eek:

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
yup, 04.... which is now in the shop getting a 4lb lower installed.... nothing is as motivating as low numbers. :)

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow! Not sure of my altitude, but I put down 392 to the wheels with just RAI at JDM. Not sure of the dyno type...

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
I think your mustang dyno #'s are roughly 400-405 on a dynojet (dont' quote me on that) and if that is the case, they are about 25-30 lower than some that I have seen that have a tune with intake and exhaust mods.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Get rid of the dam CAI....I had nothing but problems! If you can try throwing a steeda or a K&N FIPK on there and see the difference!!

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Tranzlucent said:
I think your mustang dyno #'s are roughly 400-405 on a dynojet (dont' quote me on that) and if that is the case, they are about 25-30 lower than some that I have seen that have a tune with intake and exhaust mods.

The fellow running the shop said it worked out to about 460 at the crank SAE.

High elevation + mustang dyno = low numbers :shrug:

Once the pulley is on there I'll probably take it back and do a couple of pulls with the baffles in and out to see just how much HP they're costing me.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
...should also note that it was fairly hot and humid that day. Air temp was around 80F, and the blower was at 120F.

Either way, this was a bit lower than what I expected. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread