FINALLY got the Cobra back where it belongs among the cones :)

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
It's been almost 2 years since I've run my own car at an autocross because of a whole host of issues (lack of money, tires that were shot, broken shit, etc...) but this last weekend was the first event of our South Jersey SCCA season at out new site which is an abandoned airport near AC.

In between running the event and instructing which is what I've been doing for the past 2 years, I snuck a few non competition runs in to check out the Eaton posi diff that just went in along with new LCA's and longtubes. The diff felt AMAZING, big difference coming out of corners, the LCA's were solid as hell, and the longtubes were SCREAMING although I was getting this strange chirping noise every once in a while from them when putting the hammer down coming out of corners.

Enough talk, on with the video :)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu6d8aea8tM&"]‪7/31/2011 South Jersey SCCA Autocross‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Enjoy

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
What is your rear suspension setup?

Edit: Sorry I read the youtube description. Are the lower control arms the "heavy duty" ones? Stock uppers? That's what I plan on switching too hopefully sooner than later. I figure if those 3 piece urethane bushings end up tearing if I launch the car too much I can just replace them for cheaper so I won't have to deal with sphericals on both ends, and it's chaper than the extreme duty lol

Car sounds really good!

Last edited:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
very nice man i wish they set up big autox courses like that here there normally small

We've had small lots for 5+ years so I totally hear ya, when we were first setting up paddock and grid we had everything stupidly cramped because we were so used to the smaller spaces and we ended up completely redesigning it to use all the extra space. It was really funny, we kept calling it small lot tendencies :)

What is your rear suspension setup?

Edit: Sorry I read the youtube description. Are the lower control arms the "heavy duty" ones? Stock uppers? That's what I plan on switching too hopefully sooner than later. I figure if those 3 piece urethane bushings end up tearing if I launch the car too much I can just replace them for cheaper so I won't have to deal with sphericals on both ends, and it's chaper than the extreme duty lol

Car sounds really good!

Thanks man, stock uppers that were replaced last year since the factory ones were toast and the MM LCA's are their standard height adjustable ones not the heavy duty ones because it's still a street car so I wanted some poly to dampen the road and diff noise.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Thanks man, stock uppers that were replaced last year since the factory ones were toast and the MM LCA's are their standard height adjustable ones not the heavy duty ones because it's still a street car so I wanted some poly to dampen the road and diff noise.

Well they have 3 different levels of lower control arms. The lowest level is actually called heavy duty with the spherical on one side and 3 piece urethane on the other (the kind I want too), the extreme duty has spherical on both ends, then the last one is lightweight and has neither a spring perch or sway bar attatchment point and spherical bushings on both sides.

I had upper and lower control arms from steeda with urethane on all ends and it didn't feel good going over a bump around turns. Very nervous. I changed the rear end and couldn't get the old rubber bushings out of the axle for the upper control arms, so I just used those with the steeda uppers (still had urethane on the chassis side) and it handles way better. Much less nervous in the corners and it absorbs bumps without feeling like the rear end is going to fling the car around lol. I can't wait to change the uppers to a stock set. Then getting rid of solid urethane bushings for 3 piece urethane bushings and sphericals will help reduce bind too. I can't wait lol :beer:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
A few pictures from the event...

185433_10150736752200494_900355493_20090073_5603601_n.jpg

189298_10150736757875494_900355493_20090140_5274254_n.jpg

284183_10150736742785494_900355493_20089972_5254275_n.jpg

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
Nice to see them putting the old Bader field to good use. I'm in the same spot you were right now (haven't raced in 9 months) and I can't wait to hit the autox circuit again.

Users who are viewing this thread