Finally got the Cobra back from the shop!!

blk96slowbra

Established Member
I finally got my car back two weeks ago and it went to the shop Dec 1. I had the engine completely rebuilt with forged internals, new fuel system with twin pumps and 80lb injectors, an an inter cooled procharger D1SC. With the tune it put down 526/418 on 12lbs of boost. Need to upgrade the pulley to an 8-rib and get a power pipe and ill clear 600hp.
It's so much fun to drive but I currently don't have enough tire to keep it grounded and I end up burning rubber through the first 3 gears.

blk96slowbra

Established Member
I went with the street mod 900 assembly from MMR. Compression is 9:1 I believe.

MMR Street Mod 900 Rotating assembly

Includes:

1500 HP Forged Steel Racing Crankshaft by Kellogg 100% US made

MMR 4340 Forged H-beam Rods with ARP Bolts

Manley Forged Pistons with tool steel Pins (any compression ratio)

Total Seal Rings

Clevite Performance Rod and Main

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Nice, I'll bet that feels good! I am a big fan of the D1 blower. Get us some videos!

Twisted2

Established Member
Nice. Don't forget to take out the trash and play with the kids while you're messing with that thing:). I'd be pretty distracted. Sounds like a sturdy build. Good work.

blk96slowbra

Established Member
It's a blast. I'll be sure to get some videos up when I get a chance. Still working out some kinks with the tune. For some reason it dies at random times when I have the clutch engaged and will be coasting to a stop or slowing down. Sometimes when I'm turning the wheel other times when I'm going straight.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Just so you know, that is a common problem after going boosted and you may want to do a search in the sn95 section to help with the solution. :beer:

dynamo

Established Member
Yea my boosted car sometimes stalls when i have the clutch in
kinda coasting to stop, not all the time.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Hey that car must be a lot of fun! Lmk what tires you get and how well they work, I will soon buy 18" bfg drag radials for a D1 car with less power. Were you at Fords Unlimited show in stl yesterday?

blk96slowbra

Established Member
Hey that car must be a lot of fun! Lmk what tires you get and how well they work, I will soon buy 18" bfg drag radials for a D1 car with less power. Were you at Fords Unlimited show in stl yesterday?

I need to upgrade the tires but ill probably just wait til I get new wheels so I can get offset wheels and put 315 on the rears. I was not at at that show, didn't even know it was going on. Where was it?

1BD9D7

Established Member
J. S. McDonnell Park, It's a great all-Ford show, they had nearly 300 vehicles, mainly mustangs of all years. I plan to use a 315 also.

blk96slowbra

Established Member
Here's a short clip of the exhaust and pic of the engine bay. I'll get some more videos of driving the car when I get a chance.

th_IMG_0535_zps48ae6f94.gif

IMG_0450_zps6000ac53.gif

1BD9D7

Established Member
Looks good, I just painted the vc and intake black on mine, almost did the machined look on the ribs of the intake, but I just went with the quicker/easier option and went solid gloss black. I like the way yours is done, I like that D1 as well!

Users who are viewing this thread