Finally got the car's boost/fuel upgrades done.

Wildpony

Established Member
I got the car back last week but until the last few days really had time to drive it around. It went in for the 3.1 pulley,42lb. injectors,Kenne-Bell Boosta-pump,recalibrate FMU&Mass Air,Smog pump removal, re- instal MSD Dis -4, re-tune and a few other things. I didn't get the car to the dyno shop (they kinda screwed me over on the appointment) and my shop is to get a new load bearing chassis dyno by the 1st of the year/next spring. I haven't had a chance to go to the Friday test and tune sessions at Norwalk yet to see what it will run and would prefer the cooler fall weather in the next few weeks. From the seat of the pants feel though it pulls alot harder esp. at the top end. I'm getting a solid 12 lbs. boost and thought on one "blast" I saw the guage push above that-like 14psi. I'm for sure that the car is much faster as there is a stretch of road that when I would go for a blast I would have to shut the car down by 85mph. Now I am able to pull between 90-95. I also noticed that I am shifting out of 3rd at 95+mph vs. 90before the upgrade. Hopefully next spring I can get the intake done and then the T56 with 4.30's. After that -not sure probably a rebuilt shortblock with the forged stuff-maybe a stroker if they're worth it

Last edited:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony
I got the car back last week but until the last few days really had time to drive it around. It went in for the 3.1 pulley,42lb. injectors,Kenne-Bell Boosta-pump,recalibrate FMU&Mass Air,Smog pump removal, re- instal MSD Dis -4, re-tune and a few other things. I didn't get the car to the dyno shop (they kinda screwed me over on the appointment) and my shop is to get a new load bearing chassis dyno by the 1st of the year/next spring. I haven't had a chance to go to the Friday test and tune sessions at Norwalk yet to see what it will run and would prefer the cooler fall weather in the next few weeks. From the seat of the pants feel though it pulls alot harder esp. at the top end. I'm getting a solid 12 lbs. boost and thought on one "blast" I saw the guage push above that-like 14psi. I'm for sure that the car is much faster as there is a stretch of road that when I would go for a blast I would have to shut the car down by 85mph. Now I am able to pull between 90-95. I also noticed that I am shifting out of 3rd at 95+mph vs. 90before the upgrade. Hopefully next spring I can get the intake done and then the T56 with 4.30's. After that -not sure probably a rebuilt shortblock with the forged stuff-maybe a stroker if they're worth it

Please don't tell me that you are pushing all of this on the stock pistons?????????? :shocked: :uh oh:

Wildpony

Established Member
Ok I won't. :D I am running a mix of 2-3 gallons of either VP unleaded 103 Octane or C-16 120.4 pump octane with a full tank of gas (try to not to use the C-16 "leaded" very often to keep the O2 sensors from going bad sooner than later). As long as you do this and don't go beyond the 7,000rpms (with a rev. limit increase on the chip) . The guy that did my car (Lidio) did another guy's car who was featured in either August or Sept. of this year in Super Ford (Yellow Cobra Vert. ). THis guy has a more extensive fuel system upgrade but is running a totally stock block with 18 lbs. of boost! And he has been driving it for over 2 years regularly-nop problems. Only catch is he runs straight leaded "Turbo Blue" which is like $4. /gallon. It can be done sucessfully if you have a guy that knows what he is doing and you take care of it the way he tells you fuelwise.
BTW- Lidio had the car last year -a 93 notchback with an all stock 4 valve motor that ran 9.6's with full tank of C-16. He made over 60 passes and when it did break it was the over revving (8,500 rpms) that pulled the piston apart. He felt it would have been OK from 7,500 rpms or less.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Oh okay....

I'm making sure I can drive up to any pump with my upgrades. Thus I have to bullet proof. I'm going for 600 - 800 RWHP with a little help from a friend in FL. It's a secret project, now I must kill you :D.

Users who are viewing this thread