Finally got the car back after 2+ years.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Here are a few more pictures, as requested! I dropped the car back off at the paint/body shop last week for some more changes. I'm trying to transition away from the white accents and seeing how it will look with black accents instead. I am super excited and can't wait to get it back! There will be tons of more photos posted when the car is back in my possession and put back behind the camera lens.

Stay tuned!

IMG_3334.JPG
IMG_3335.JPG
IMG_3336.JPG
IMG_3337.JPG
IMG_3355.JPG
IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3358.JPG
IMG_3359.JPG
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3361.JPG

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Here are a few more pictures, as requested! I dropped the car back off at the paint/body shop last week for some more changes. I'm trying to transition away from the white accents and seeing how it will look with black accents instead. I am super excited and can't wait to get it back! There will be tons of more photos posted when the car is back in my possession and put back behind the camera lens.

Stay tuned!

View attachment 94533 View attachment 94534 View attachment 94535 View attachment 94536 View attachment 94537 View attachment 94538 View attachment 94539 View attachment 94540 View attachment 94541 View attachment 94542

pmsJK3QXj

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
The only issue I have with the white is maintaining it. The lower portion of the white part in the center of the hood is already starting to yellow. The wheels have yellowing in the wheel wells as well. When the car was red, it had black accents as well and looked menacing. I will probably see what the car looks like with the black and rock it for a while. It can always be switched back.
Black is a lot of work to keep it looking clean, it requires lots of polishing and good washing technique. I know what you are saying about the white discoloring. The white stripes on my Viper like to discolor in the back where the exhaust fumes and road debris settle. I just hit it with some M205 from time to time on a rotary and it goes right back to being pearly white.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
What are the pieces under your rockers. I have seen them before but never on a Cobra.

Those are side skirt splitters. The car is a 99 gt but has been pieced together with mostly cobra parts (i.e. drivetrain, wiring, some body panels, etc.) and those are 03/04 cobra side skirts. They can be bought off of CarbonDriven.com. He has them in a fiberglass option like the ones pictured, as well as a carbon fiber option. I also purchased my wiper cowl from him. He is on this site, but I'm not sure what his screen name is.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Except don't get in a wreck, insurance will only pay for a GT.

I'm hoping I'll be able to get custom car insurance through Hagerty. My dad is my insurance agent, and he is supposed to be getting me a quote on what that would cost this week. He said you take the total $ amount of modifications you've made and present that to the insurance company. They would send out an adjuster to look at it and hopefully agree to the amount you sent them. If it all works out, that's the amount you are covered for. The only catch to this is that I don't think you can pay the premiums on a month to month basis. I'm pretty sure it all has to be paid up front. I guess I'll know more when he gets me that quote.

RioRed4v

Established Member
I'm hoping I'll be able to get custom car insurance through Hagerty. My dad is my insurance agent, and he is supposed to be getting me a quote on what that would cost this week. He said you take the total $ amount of modifications you've made and present that to the insurance company. They would send out an adjuster to look at it and hopefully agree to the amount you sent them. If it all works out, that's the amount you are covered for. The only catch to this is that I don't think you can pay the premiums on a month to month basis. I'm pretty sure it all has to be paid up front. I guess I'll know more when he gets me that quote.

I went with Grundy, but yup, it's pretty simple process. I just gave them the total value I wanted covered, submitted a few pictures and that was it. Didn't ask for a modification list or anything. Grundy was a lot cheaper for me than Hagerty, but like you mentioned for Hagerty, I had to pay it all upfront.

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member

I have stated value insurance through State Farm on my '98 cobra. It's considered a classic due to its age and not my daily so they allow it to be insured as such. Full coverage plus my stated value payout in the event it's totaled and it's only like 170 a year.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Thanks everyone for the kind words! Car is being finished up at the body shop now. Hoping to have it back by this weekend. Once it's back, I'll be sending the wheels to be powder coated and the transformation will be complete! lol.

Will post new pics to this thread once it is finished!

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Well guys, here are some updated pics of the new look! I told you I would update this thread when I got the car back and behind the camera lens. I LOVE the black. So much more aggressive than the white. Hopefully you guys agree! If you go back to the beginning of the thread, you will see the pictures of the white scheme so you can compare the 2.

I'm no professional photographer, but enjoy the pics!

IMG_3651.JPG
IMG_3650.JPG
IMG_3649.JPG
IMG_3648.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread