Finally got my MSD installed.

Ginsu

Established Member
Well I modified Greg's idea, thanks for the idea.

Here are some pics.
r_engine_010814.jpg

r_msd_1.jpg

r_msd_plate.jpg

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Carefull of those sheetmetal corners when reaching in there... (ouch!).

Feel any difference at all?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Installation

I just reinstalled mine in the glove box. I got lucky because mine got fried somehow and they sent me a brand new one with harness and everything. So I just took the two harnesses and spliced them together and ran it through the firewall and into the glovebox, plenty of slack too. Just had to modify the glovebox a little and screw the MSD down. Just fits but looks great.

Ginsu

Established Member
Sorry that I have not replied in a couple days guys! Anyway I have noticed some improvement. Starting and throttle response is better as well as top end acceleration.

Wildpony

Established Member
Re: Installation

Originally posted by Booyah
I just reinstalled mine in the glove box. I got lucky because mine got fried somehow and they sent me a brand new one with harness and everything. So I just took the two harnesses and spliced them together and ran it through the firewall and into the glovebox, plenty of slack too. Just had to modify the glovebox a little and screw the MSD down. Just fits but looks great.

I wish I knew the DIS-4 would fit in the glove box. I got mine on a piece of custom sheet metal in front of the left front wheel well. I really wanted it in the trunk -next to the amps & Boosta-Pump but was told I would get radio "noise" in the stereo.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Re: Re: Installation

Originally posted by Wildpony

I wish I knew the DIS-4 would fit in the glove box. I got mine on a piece of custom sheet metal in front of the left front wheel well. I really wanted it in the trunk -next to the amps & Boosta-Pump but was told I would get radio "noise" in the stereo.

I will have pics soon. When I say it just fits, believe me it just fits. :D It has maybe a centimeter clearance between the MSD and the hook that the latch catchs on to close the glove box.

Users who are viewing this thread