Finally got my first Lightning today.

FuriousGoldfish

Established Member
So today I got my high school graduation gift, a 2004 Lightning. I know I don't deserve it. But who would turn it down? I don't get to pick it up until tomorrow, but I snapped a few quick pictures with my phone. I'll get some better ones tomorrow.

http://i29.tinypic.com/23kuq85.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2z7kapu.jpg

I'd love some opinions on what you guys think I should do.

P.S.
It is storming in Oklahoma today, I told my mom it was a sign that she made the right decision. :rockon:

Skrat

Established Member
Niiice. I spent every dollar I made when I was 16 on a 2000 Mustang GT...And the bug bit me quick. I took that 15 second automatic junk to an 11 second beast. And I spent all my money, and learned a lot, and broke it a lot, and built it back up again, and I see how stupid I was now that I'm a little older....But I'd do it ALL over again, because I had a frickin' blast doing it.
I said when I got my Lightning, I'd settle down a little more....(But its happening all over again)....
If you REALLY want to mod it, go ahead, but just know, mods are like tattoos....You start with one.....and you're not gonna stop.
Welcome to the world of horsepower. Be carfull!!!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Congrats :thumbsup: No shame in getting a car as a graduation gift. I got mine as a graduation gift too.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
So today I got my high school graduation gift, a 2004 Lightning. I know I don't deserve it. But who would turn it down? I don't get to pick it up until tomorrow, but I snapped a few quick pictures with my phone. I'll get some better ones tomorrow.

http://i29.tinypic.com/23kuq85.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2z7kapu.jpg

I'd love some opinions on what you guys think I should do.

P.S.
It is storming in Oklahoma today, I told my mom it was a sign that she made the right decision. :rockon:

Welcome fellow Okie! :rockon: The truck looks great but these 03/04's beg for a drop right off the bat! I would say drop it, exhaust, FTVB, pulley and tune would set you right up and you'd be more than happy! One thing I will tell you is BE CAREFUL! I had a 01 supercharged GT when I was 17 and while it was fun modding it and everything...I got lucky a few times and I'm very thankful for that! I've lost a few friends from stupid things on the road and hopefully you'll be smart with this truck! I'm only 22 so I'm right there with you but I've been there and noone likes to go through those things!:nonono: Anyways, love the truck and good luck with all the modding! Good luck keeping that thing clean too....this state sucks! haha:beer:

FuriousGoldfish

Established Member
Thanks guys, a Lightning was the first truck I ever wanted. I made a valiant attempt at getting one for my first vehicle, but ended up in a Silverado. I really want to drop it, but not much, like only 2 inches in the back.

It's good to see a fellow Okie here, even if you are from Norman, I am an incoming freshmen at OSU this year.

I think my immediate plans will be dropping it ~2 inches in the rear, and getting some Nite Shade for the lights. Then start worrying about going faster.

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
Can't miss with a tune, 4/6lb lower and a valve body for the first mods. Welcome to the addiction! I got a bottle of wine, which my mom or sister drank, and $100 from my grandparents for my graduation. Oh, and a ticket to England to visit my family. Good luck at OSU!

firemanlightnin

Its a Hybrid
Established Member
Looks good man... I got mine as a graduation present back in 05. Well it was kind of a present, i had to make the payments just needed a co-signer. Good luck with it

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
Sweet ride.....first thing i did was dropped my 04....4 inches in the back....that made it level..2 inches wont be enuff...then i got pulley... tune and cold air intake....have fun man...cheers

Youngunn

Established Member
Can't miss with a tune, 4/6lb lower and a valve body for the first mods. Welcome to the addiction! I got a bottle of wine, which my mom or sister drank, and $100 from my grandparents for my graduation. Oh, and a ticket to England to visit my family. Good luck at OSU!

+1 - what he said. And for gods sake man- take care of that truck, never take it for granted. I've seen so many young people take their nice cars for granted cuz they never had to work up to it. Lol I drove a 94 corolla for my first car, then a 99 corolla... I'm now 26 and FINALLY got my performance vehicle.

Sorry for the lecture man, just be safe and don't drink and drive in that thing- it is alot of truck.

Users who are viewing this thread