Finally got my Cobra..

Mattz

Established Member
Well after weeks of waiting, finally flew out to California to pick up the 2001 Cobra. It's black, very very clean, had 14,000 miles on it when I picked it up. When I got it home first thing I noticed was man does wheel hop suck. Hah, at first I thought it was the traction control but damn... Few questions..

Sometimes whenever it is idle, it shakes a bit like it's got a rough idle.. would this be plugs or what?

For some reason sometimes the clutch pedal vibrates and makes a chattering noise, at first I thought TOB, but then I put my foot underneath it and pulled up some and it went away... plus I can feel it wiggle from side to side... any ideas for that one?

Anyways, I'm really happy with the car, it's got 4.10s, JBA shorties, full bassani. It rolls pretty good :)

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Might be plugs. Pull them and have a look see. Maybe it needs a tune and is running rich (fouling the plugs)? I didn't think shorty headers + mid-pipe + cat-back would require a tune?

Does it have a firewall adjuster and aftermarket quadrant?

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Dont have an answer to your questions but would just like to say congrats on your Snake!!!!! Any pics?

Mattz

Established Member
Thanks for the response thusfar. It has already had a chip installed and been tuned, so I'm not sure. I'll have to pull the plugs and see whats going on I guess.
As far as the firewall and stuff no I don't believe so.

I'll try to get some pics in a bit :)

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
I don't know if many people have had this problem... but when you pull the plugs becareful... I had dirt all down inside the valve cover hole..

Congrats on the snake. :beer:

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
Mattz said:
For some reason sometimes the clutch pedal vibrates and makes a chattering noise, at first I thought TOB, but then I put my foot underneath it and pulled up some and it went away... plus I can feel it wiggle from side to side... any ideas for that one?

This is the crappy Ford quadrant starting to go, replace it with an aluminum piece and get a firewall adjuster, won't happen ever again. While you're down there, install a pedal height adjuster, best mod I ever did to my clutch and well worth the extra $20!

Quadrant
Adjuster
Pedal adjuster

Mattz

Established Member
BlueStripe said:
This is the crappy Ford quadrant starting to go, replace it with an aluminum piece and get a firewall adjuster, won't happen ever again. While you're down there, install a pedal height adjuster, best mod I ever did to my clutch and well worth the extra $20!

Quadrant
Adjuster
Pedal adjuster
Wow... so I'll have to pull the tranny and all for that huh?

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Negative.

You unhook the existing clutch cable at the pedal and pull it through the firewall.

There is a write up on the install on either corral.net or mustangworld.com.

Mattz - time to change the vehicle in your sig.

Mattz

Established Member
lemosley01 said:
Negative.

You unhook the existing clutch cable at the pedal and pull it through the firewall.

There is a write up on the install on either corral.net or mustangworld.com.

Mattz - time to change the vehicle in your sig.

Wooh, "wipes sweat off forehead", thanks man, appreciate it. Yeah I do need to change, eh?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Fairly low miles but if it was mine Id put on a new fuel filter. Might have never been replaced. I think Id try replacing the plugs first, before you pull them remove the packs and blow compressed air down into the plug holes to clean out any debris that could fall into the comb. chambers once the plugs are out.

Last edited:

Mattz

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Fairly low miles but if it was mine Id put on a new fuel filter. Might have never been replaced. I think Id try replacing the plugs first, before you pull them remove the packs and blow compressed air down into the plug holes to clean out any debris that could fall into the comb. chambers once the plugs are out.
Thanks... I'm pretty sure he changed the fuel filter, he was a mechanic who seemed very smart about cars and other things, but you never can tell. I'd be surprised if it needed new plugs this early... wouldn't that be a little... out of the ordinary? :)

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
This car had a dynotune so it's possible the tune is to blame and you need to have it retuned. Or it might have been tuned a touch to rich and it's fouling plugs.

Pull the plugs and look at them - they will usually tell the story.

Users who are viewing this thread